• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Error during installation

K

kingmob

Hi, we get this error while trying to manually update our Plesk 8.6.00 to 9 (since the updater in Plesk never worked):

"Your hostname must resolve to the correct IP address of your server, unless you are using network address translation (NAT).

Please, quit auto-installer and fix host name resolution problem
and then try installing again.
You can skip the hostname check and continue the installation, however,
in such a case the installer cannot guarantee successful installation.
Do you want to continue?
Type either Yes or No:"

We tried "yes" and "no" several times, since the first answer (a "no") we lost access to the Plesk Control Panel. Our server services seems to be working right, but we do not have access to Plesk anymore. We also tried this (http://platonic.techfiz.info/2008/10/30/pleskhspcomplete-fix-unable-to-resolve-hostname/) without success.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Henry

Hi Henry,

Did you check the RDNS for your servers ip? Confirm that its pointing to the hostname of your server.

I just had a similar problem, spent a lot of time searching for an answer... in the end all I had to do was add the following line to /etc/hosts:

127.0.0.1 plesk.domain.org plesk

Does this make sense to anyone? I sure doesn't make sense to me...

Back