• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Error during migration: /bin/chown: invalid user: ‘ego:psaserv’

tkalfaoglu

Silver Pleskian
While migrating a bunch of domains, I saw this:

Failed to fix permissions for vhost directory of subscription 'ego.org.tr'
Migration tools tried to perform operation in 3 attempts: Command execution failed on the local server with non-zero exit code.
command: /bin/chown ego:psaserv /var/www/vhosts/ego.org.tr
exit code: 1
stdout:
stderr: /bin/chown: invalid user: ‘ego:psaserv’

MySQL database 'ego_cms' does not exist on target. Its content will not be copied.
Resolve the issue with database creation or create database on target panel. Then run migration for the failed subscription once more.
I checked and indeed the user "ego" does not exist on the target system, but exists on the source server.

The owner of the files at the source is indeed ego:psacln.

It seems the destination server SKIPPED creating this user.

I don't know what's going on with the database either.

What to do now?
PS: Sorry for the smilies -- the : p combination creates a smily :(

Wild guess: Could this be caused by MEDIUM security level at the source server and HIGH security level at destination server?
That's what I had.. Maybe it's not accepting the same password ?

I found the cause: If a migration Fails for some reason, you should not retry it. you should first go into that subscription and DELETE the subscription and then try again. the 'leftovers' cause much grief if you retry the migration of that subscription without removing it first.

Back