• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved ERROR: E:The repository 'https://packages.sury.org/php stretch Release' does not have a Release file.

elbobo

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 9.0
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian v18.0.44_build1800220614.18
I am administering a Plesk Obsidian 18.0.44 Update #3, Web Admin Edition installation based on Debian 9.13 (Plesk Obsidian v18.0.44_build1800220614.18 os_Debian 9.0). This system hosts a couple of websites which need PHP version 5.6 in order to run. Since Debian 9.0 did not support this PHP version I had it manually added using the "deb Index of /php/" repository. I am manually installing System Updates via the Plesk control panel and since yesterday they fail with the server giving the error: "Unable to receive update information for the package(s)"

I also received a Plesk Update Manager notifications stating that I have to manually resolve the problems that occured with the System Updates tool followed by the following:

Reason: 2022-07-03 06:25:22 INFO: pum is called with arguments: ['--list', '--repo-info', '--json']
2022-07-03 06:25:24 ERROR: E:The repository 'Index of /php/ stretch Release' does not have a Release file.
2022-07-03 06:25:24 ERROR: Exited with returncode 1.

Does this mean that I have to unregister the sury.org PHP version from Plesk and uninstall the relevant packages and if so how am I to support the websites that depend on this version?

After some research I managed to overcome the problem I was facing with the System Updates. It all boiled down to the sury repository I was using. The maintainer, Ondrej Sury decided to remove the relevant packages I was using for php from his repository. This is not to say that my problem had to do with the developer or that his decision was wrong. In his relevant website he has announced a new service that maintains Debian packages for multiple PHP releases and multiple Debian/Ubuntu releases, alas for a fee.

To resolve my problem I had to remove the repository from my /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ folder.

As I now understand this was more of a Debian problem and had nothing to do with Plesk. I just wish Plesk could offer PHP version 5.6 -sanitized of course. Perhaps they could collaborate with Freexian and offer the option as a service.

Cloud Linux does offer this kind of convenience to its clients.

Hi,

I think this maybe related to Plesk dropping support for Debian 9: Change Log for Plesk Obsidian, more than to the manually installed PHP 5 version, because I have a development server with debian 9 and PHP 7 and 8 and got the same message.

Since it won't receive more PHP updates, removing the sury php repository from the server worked.

Back