• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Error: Failed to update the ModSecurity rule set

Sysop

Basic Pleskian
When I go into: Home > Tools & Settings > Web Application Firewall I get the following error:
Code:
Error: Failed to update the ModSecurity rule set: modsecurity_ctl failed: gpg: key 4520AFA9: "Atomicorp (Atomicorp Official Signing Key) <[email protected]>" not changed
gpg: Total number processed: 1
gpg: unchanged: 1
gpg: Signature made Fri Aug 25 17:33:21 2017 CEST using RSA key ID 4520AFA9
gpg: BAD signature from "Atomicorp (Atomicorp Official Signing Key) <[email protected]>"
Command '['gpg', '--homedir', '/var/lib/plesk/modsec/.gnupg', '--verify', '/tmp/tmpyYW82Y/aum.asc']' returned non-zero exit status 1
Unable to download tortix rule set

I found this: Failed to update the ModSecurity rule set: Authorization failed attempting to download an update, although I don't have a license as I'm using the free Atomic Basic ModSecurity — please advise.

Same here.

Code:
Error: Failed to update the ModSecurity rule set: modsecurity_ctl failed: gpg: key 4520AFA9: "Atomicorp (Atomicorp Official Signing Key) <[email protected]>" not changed
gpg: Total number processed: 1
gpg: unchanged: 1
gpg: assuming signed data in `/tmp/tmpSJiDjN/aum'
gpg: Signature made Mon Oct 16 23:29:00 2017 CEST using RSA key ID 4520AFA9
gpg: BAD signature from "Atomicorp (Atomicorp Official Signing Key) <[email protected]>"
Command '['gpg', '--homedir', '/var/lib/plesk/modsec/.gnupg', '--verify', '/tmp/tmpSJiDjN/aum.asc']' returned non-zero exit status 1
Unable to download tortix rule set

Then I tried to switch to OWASP and back to Mod Security:
Code:
Failed to install the ModSecurity rule set: modsecurity_ctl failed: gpg: key 4520AFA9: "Atomicorp (Atomicorp Official Signing Key) <[email protected]>" not changed gpg: Total number processed: 1 gpg: unchanged: 1 gpg: assuming signed data in `/tmp/tmpSu68B4/aum' gpg: Signature made Mon Oct 16 23:29:00 2017 CEST using RSA key ID 4520AFA9 gpg: BAD signature from "Atomicorp (Atomicorp Official Signing Key) <[email protected]>" Command '['gpg', '--homedir', '/var/lib/plesk/modsec/.gnupg', '--verify', '/tmp/tmpSu68B4/aum.asc']' returned non-zero exit status 1 Unable to download tortix rule set

Hi @UFHH01
Yes, I did. I reinstalled the component via WebGui and waited for a day. Today I removed the component via shell. Just watching what happens, then I'll try this #1

Hi Oliver Marugg,

pls. don't forget to CHECK for leftovers, after you DE-installed ModSecurity. Only if you are sure, that there are no leftovers, you would continue to RE-install the extension. :)

Back