1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Error "Fatal error: File is damaged, please reinstall in Unknown on line 0"

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by barbid, Oct 28, 2007.

1. barbid

barbid Guest

Hi,

We recently upgraded to version 8.2 (I don't know from which version since I didn't do it). After upgrading, when we launch the Plesk Control panel or "Plesk 8.2 for Windows" we get the following message in our browser:

Fatal error: File is damaged, please reinstall in Unknown on line 0

What does it mean and how does one fix it? Also while troubleshooting this I looked at many PHP files and all I could see were the lines:

<?php
    die("The file auth.php3 is part of Plesk distribution. It cannot be run outside of Plesk environment.\n");
    __plesk_loader_pragma__('B');
    ?>

And below that was a lot of garbage text. Was this encrypted or something? Is this related in any way to the Fatal error above? Any help is appreciated.

Barbid.

2. sergius

sergius Golden Pleskian

57%
    Please try to clean folder %plesk_dir%PrivateTemp.
    If it will not help then please contact with SWsoft support.