• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Error in host number

T

TheProblemxx

After having upgraded Plesk win to 8.3.0.1 Sitebuilder 4.1 suddenly started to only allow one -1- host and therefore all other ip´s on the server suddenly wasn´t accepted by the program.

A contact to Parallels license section/Deborah Poole resulted in a new key that was uploaded.

Didn´t help anything.

Then a new version (4.2) was released and the version was then installed on the server.

Didn´t help anything.

Then the server was rebooted.

Didn´t help anything.

Now we are asked to pay Parallels to fix this obvious bug?

Hopefully we can get assistance from a responsible tech or a person with a similar problem?

Hi,

As i know starting from some version Sitebuilder allows to register only one host to publish and there some "special" license needed for unlimited hosts.

Hmnnn - yes - but as mentioned we have been running Sitebuilder for more than 12 months on this server where it allowed 'unlimited' hosts/ip´s - now suddenly after the latest Plesk 8.3.0.1 upgrade, it only allows 1 single ip.....

On todays servers with multiple IP´s it seems very out of date to only allow 1 IP for ALL clients on a server - a 100 or 300 site license is not operable with only 1 single IP in our opinion and we really don´t understand this strange limit that is suddenly implemented on a previous fine working license, that after all is paid for assuming that that the original host limit would remain unchanged throughout the lifetime of the license....

I know what your going through.
I purchased Plesk and Sitebuilder and told the sales person that our server had 8 IPs.
I thought from me telling this to the sales person that I'd get what I would need to be able to host/publish to all 8 ips.
Well, I found out after basically doing what your doing, thinking it was a bug, flaw, etc. That Sitebuilder, I should say SwSoft, considers an IP to be a host. In my field, a host is the actual machine, not a mear IP. But, non-the-less, I found out that all my troubleshooting like your doing was done for nothing. A rep from Swsoft was kind enough to tell me that each IP was considered a host and that the Sitebuilder license I purchased was only good for 1 host, meaning 1 IP. I just about flipped.
So, I called up the sales person, found out that he wasn't with the company anymore, and talked to another sales person. A very intelligent and knowledgable one this time :)
I should stop chatting so much here and get down to what you need. You need to get the multi-host license key for Sitebuilder so you can publish to more than 1 IP. I think I paid something like 12 hundred for it.
Good luck with what your doing and when you can, please share your experiences and knowledge here. It really helps out a lot of people.

Dave.

Dave,

Thanks for sharing Your experiences with this problem.

A way out naturally could be to pay an extra sum of money for a multi-homed license, but for 2 reasons I found that the worst solution to choose:

1. The license worked just fine with 10 IP´s until 10 days ago when we upgraded to Plesk 8.3.0.1

2. Why pay for a multi-homed license, when the only right way for such a license to work is a license PER SERVER?

NO server today has a single IP for ALL its clients and we don´t appreciate the way this change was done - without any previous annoncement the license suddenly only works with 1 IP...

When looking at the preferences for the license it is not told anywhere that it only supports 1 IP per server and just like You Dave, we find it strange that IP´s are considered a 'host' - in our world too a host is the actual machine, having as much IP´s as this machine needs - otherwise such an important missing feature should be clearly pointed out and informed by SWSOFT/Parallels...

We find it a strange way of handling clients that has been using Swsoft products for several years and never experienced this limit before.....

Right now we are in a discussion with Swsoft about the problem and we hope that they will agree in what we have been telling them about the problem.

I just found this out today and after working with sitebuilder since it was in development and purchasing a 500 site license when it was first released I cant believe this.

Dmitry,

Thanks for responding.

My issue is that after days of trying to figure out what had happened I find out that my license has been changed to a single IP. This was not the case when I purcased my 500 site 1 server license. I have kept up my SUS never dreaming that would change Sitebulder to a single IP license. As stated above no one uses a single IP for all of thier clients and this really dosn't make any sense and was not fair to those of us who purcased the license before this decision was made.

Again thanks, for responding.

Regards,
Dave

I understand what you are talking about. Actually, Parallels Plesk Sitebuilder for Windows is designed to publish sites to a single server by default (Plesk or non-Plesk). So it means that only one IP address could be registered with default license. There are also multi-server publishing licenses exist when you can register several IP addresses which could be available for publication. For more information it is better to contact with your sales representative or with online sales team.

Multi-Server Sitebuilder???

I'm going to pop in this conversation real quick... I have the multi-server version of Sitebuilder, I had to purchase it awhile back after I found out that 'host' according to SwSoft was actually only a single IP.
I have the multi-server version. I'd like to strip Sitebuilder from the Plesk servers and have Sitebuilder running on its own server. It seems as if its task intenstive because its awfully slow. I have it running on a Dell PowerEdge 2950 w/2 quad 3.2 zeons and 8 gigs memory, which should be more than anything like this would need, but I still get 'slowness' and 'hangs' in navagating around in Sitebuilder.
Ok, I'm talking about too much other stuff... The reason I wanted to pop in this conversation was to ask you...since I have the Multi-Server version of Sitebuilder now... how to the Plesk servers know what IP it'll be on, and likewise, how will Sitebuilder be able to 'link up with' the Plesk servers? There isn't any config settings in Sitebuilder. Each of our Plesk servers have about 30 domains on them. Its fairly easy when Sitebuilder is installed on the same server as the Plesk install.
Can you go into some details on this? Or any hints to save time when I redo the Plesk servers and only install Plesk without Sitebuilder, and install Sitebuilder on its own server.

One other thing... If you get to talk to the engineers for Sitebuilder... I've been waiting and waiting for Version 5 to be released. I'm holding off on doing all this work until it is released, I sure don't want to have to do the installs all again later with some change in version 5 that'll require a new setup or something.
About the needed feature... Sitebuilder seems to be 'hardcoded' to use a SQL server... And for its paths for data.
I think you need some sort of utility, or configuration in Sitebuilder to allow one to customize its drives/paths/etc and database instances.

Thanks!

I understand what you are talking about. Actually, Parallels Plesk Sitebuilder for Windows is designed to publish sites to a single server by default (Plesk or non-Plesk). So it means that only one IP address could be registered with default license. There are also multi-server publishing licenses exist when you can register several IP addresses which could be available for publication. For more information it is better to contact with your sales representative or with online sales team.

As for Parallels Plesk and Parallels Plesk Sitebuilder integration when products are installed on different servers try to apply solution from the following article: http://kb.odin.com/en/1868.
Can not say anything exactly concerning version 5 release. Not sure if it will be available soon.
As for database re-configuration please create new post in "Suggestions and Feedback" section and I will address it properly.

Back