• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Resolved Error in PleskControlPanel after updating in Obsidian

Lakenet

New Pleskian
Hi,

as subject, after update to Obdsian, PleskControlPanel in IIS Application Pool, died.

Event viever report this error:

The Module DLL C:\Perl64\bin\perl516.dll failed to load. The data is the error.

I have tried everything, Plesk repair, sfc command in Windows, without any good new.

Can I solve?

Many tks,
Giovanni

I'd suggest removing the Perl Module and Unregister it in IIS > Server > Modules. It will fix the issue.

ok, thanks a lot for the answer, I have only one doubt: if a hosting client needs to have Perl, how do you solve it?
In the event viewer I find, in the System error list, this message:

A listener channel for protocol 'http' in worker process '9080' serving application pool 'PleskControlPanel' reported a listener channel failure. The data field contains the error number.

Tks again,
Giovanni

Forgive me for my ignorance, but I can't find a way to remove Perl from the windows server. I removed it from IIS but PleskControlPanel still doesn't work, giving the same error in Event Viewer.

Hi,
at this moment the server is working, the only problem is that we cannot access the Plesk panel to better configure the antispam function. All emails arrive as "spam", therefore with the content of the email inserted as an attachment. Meanwhile, is there a way to disable antispam without accessing the web control panel? Unfortunately the "Perl64" directory cannot be deleted, the Activestate site tells us to delete it to uninstall it, and there seems to be no other way to uninstall Perl.

Tks a lot.

Ok, tks again. Correct section obviously it's "spamassasin".

For now we have managed to limit the problems, of course we will have to solve Perl's problem, we will see how to do.

Thanks for the assistance.
Giovanni

Back