• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

error in qmail dirs after 11.0 to 11.5 upgrade

Powie

Regular Pleskian
All works fine in 11.0..

After upgrading to 11.5.3 some users reported a problem to login to their mail accounts.

error message:

Code:
Unable to open dir /var/qmail/mailnames/domain.tld/name.name/@attachments: No such file or directory System error 2: No such file or directory

Also plesk display's this error if we try to click on the email adress in plesk!
plesk_error_1.jpg

As i find out, the email adress is created in plesk 11.0 in upper case format: [email protected]

Under /var/qmail/mailnames/domain.tld/ 2 direcotrys exists!

/var/qmail/mailnames/domain.tld/name.name -> empty
/var/qmail/mailnames/domain.tld/Name.Name -> correct

If i move the files from the old to the new directory all is working!!!!

Are you sure the user did not create the respective email account with Caps in it?? Ie I really doubt that plesk enforced the CAPS in the mail name ...

yes, the accounts where crated with CAPS in Plesk 11.0.
Before 11.5 it seems there where no problem.. Many other email accounts on this server are generated with caps and have the same issue now. at this time I cannot solve this by hand.

OK, I have discovered that with the new plesk 11.5.* ALL email accounts are now being created on the server in small caps ...eg [email protected] will remain the same in Plesk but on the server it will be test.email

So as I see, you have a quick option of renaming ALL mail folders to small caps ...

no, this ends in errors, because the directory structure always exists but is empty...

Am not sure there is an automated way of doing this, however if it 'the small caps folder' already exists 'and is empty' then either move the contents to 'it' or delete 'it' and rename the one with 'big' caps to the 'small' caps

Back