• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Error: Inconsistent zone

Kingsley

Silver Pleskian
Hello;

I am trying to delete some DNS zones from a domain which happens to house the hostname and nameserver details but it wont delete.

Code:
Error: Inconsistent zone "awoofhost.com": The NS record "awoofhost.com. IN NS ns3.awoofhost.com." has no address records (A or AAAA).; The NS record "awoofhost.com. IN NS ns4.awoofhost.com." has no address records (A or AAAA).

What about

# plesk repair dns

?

[root@tari ~]# plesk repair dns

Checking the DNS configuration file ................................. [OK]

Restoring DNS server configuration

Synchronize DNS zones with the DNS server? [Y/n] Y
Synchronizing DNS zones with the DNS server ..................... [OK]

Error messages: 0; Warnings: 0; Errors resolved: 0

Try to do following:

# cd /var/named/chroot/etc/
# mv named.conf named.conf.bak
# cp named.conf.default named.conf
# MYSQL_PWD=`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` mysql -u admin psa -Ns -e"SELECT name FROM dns_zone" | while read dz ; do /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/dnsmng --update $dz ; done

and then restart DNS Server in Tools&Settings->Services Management and control that zones loaded successfully with

# tail -f /var/log/messages

Try to do following:

# cd /var/named/chroot/etc/
# mv named.conf named.conf.bak
# cp named.conf.default named.conf
# MYSQL_PWD=`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` mysql -u admin psa -Ns -e"SELECT name FROM dns_zone" | while read dz ; do /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/dnsmng --update $dz ; done

and then restart DNS Server in Tools&Settings->Services Management and control that zones loaded successfully with

# tail -f /var/log/messages

Thanks....

when i add a domain it creates DNS records by using the default template..... thus getting its own nameserver records like ns1,ns2.newdomain.com but what if i dont want this? (creating all these records) i want all domains to using the server name server records?

Back