1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Error installing Plesk Panel 9.0.1 on FreeBSD 6.3

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by clinton4, Feb 22, 2009.

1. clinton4

clinton4 Regular Pleskian

Hi,

I'am getting this error when trying to install Plesk Panel 9.0.1 on my FreeBSD 6.3. Any tips on how i can resolve this?

2. clinton4

clinton4 Regular Pleskian

Now i'am, getting this error:

Anybody?

3. outsider

outsider Basic Pleskian

Try installing on a fresh FreeBSD 6.4 installation. Do not install ports from FreeBSD!

4. outsider

outsider Basic Pleskian

BTW, nice to see that I'm not the only one who using FreeBSD and fighting with Parallels to improve FreeBSD support :)

5. realaaa@

realaaa@ Basic Pleskian

70%
    lol, fighting is very appropriate word here :)

FreeBSD was always kinda supported, but personally I would not go for it on a production server because keeping the Plesk server components up to date can be quite painful on FreeBSD.

Anyhow recently I installed Plesk 9.2.1 on FreeBSD 6.4 - and everything was nice and smooth, definitely because I used ports collection snapshot provided by Plesk. I suspect that it might be much worse if I chose to keep and use the original updated ports tree.

Btw, did anybody try that?