• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Error installing Plesk Panel 9.0.1 on FreeBSD 6.3

clinton4

Regular Pleskian
Hi,

I'am getting this error when trying to install Plesk Panel 9.0.1 on my FreeBSD 6.3. Any tips on how i can resolve this?

===> Checking if www/mod_perl2 already installed
cd "src/modules/perl" && make
/usr/local/bin/perl5.8.8 -Iblib/lib -I/usr/ports/swsoft/work/mod_perl/usr/ports/swsoft/mod_perl/work/mod_perl-2.0.4/Apache-Test/lib -MModPerl::BuildMM -e ModPerl::BuildMM::glue_pod ModPerl-Registry/lib/ModPerl/RegistryLoader.pm /usr/ports/swsoft/work/mod_perl/usr/ports/swsoft/mod_perl/work/mod_perl-2.0.4/docs/api/ModPerl/RegistryLoader.pod blib/lib/ModPerl/RegistryLoader.pm
Manifying blib/man3/ModPerl::RegistryLoader.3
/usr/local/bin/perl5.8.8 -Iblib/lib -I/usr/ports/swsoft/work/mod_perl/usr/ports/swsoft/mod_perl/work/mod_perl-2.0.4/Apache-Test/lib -MModPerl::BuildMM -e ModPerl::BuildMM::glue_pod WrapXS/APR/Socket/Socket.pm /usr/ports/swsoft/work/mod_perl/usr/ports/swsoft/mod_perl/work/mod_perl-2.0.4/docs/api/APR/Socket.pod blib/lib/APR/Socket.pm
Manifying blib/man3/APR::Socket.3
/usr/local/bin/perl5.8.8 -Iblib/lib -I/usr/ports/swsoft/work/mod_perl/usr/ports/swsoft/mod_perl/work/mod_perl-2.0.4/Apache-Test/lib -MModPerl::BuildMM -e ModPerl::BuildMM::glue_pod WrapXS/Apache2/FilterRec/FilterRec.pm /usr/ports/swsoft/work/mod_perl/usr/ports/swsoft/mod_perl/work/mod_perl-2.0.4/docs/api/Apache2/FilterRec.pod blib/lib/Apache2/FilterRec.pm
Manifying blib/man3/Apache2::FilterRec.3
/usr/local/bin/perl5.8.8 -Iblib/lib -I/usr/ports/swsoft/work/mod_perl/usr/ports/swsoft/mod_perl/work/mod_perl-2.0.4/Apache-Test/lib -MModPerl::BuildMM -e ModPerl::BuildMM::glue_pod WrapXS/Apache2/HookRun/HookRun.pm /usr/ports/swsoft/work/mod_perl/usr/ports/swsoft/mod_perl/work/mod_perl-2.0.4/docs/api/Apache2/HookRun.pod blib/lib/Apache2/HookRun.pm
Manifying blib/man3/Apache2::HookRun.3
/usr/local/bin/perl5.8.8 -Iblib/lib -I/usr/ports/swsoft/work/mod_perl/usr/ports/swsoft/mod_perl/work/mod_perl-2.0.4/Apache-Test/lib -MModPerl::BuildMM -e ModPerl::BuildMM::glue_pod xs/Apache2/Const/Const.pm /usr/ports/swsoft/work/mod_perl/usr/ports/swsoft/mod_perl/work/mod_perl-2.0.4/docs/api/Apache2/Const.pod blib/lib/Apache2/Const.pm
Manifying blib/man3/Apache2::Const.3
/usr/local/bin/perl5.8.8 -Iblib/lib -I/usr/ports/swsoft/work/mod_perl/usr/ports/swsoft/mod_perl/work/mod_perl-2.0.4/Apache-Test/lib -MModPerl::BuildMM -e ModPerl::BuildMM::glue_pod WrapXS/APR/UUID/UUID.pm /usr/ports/swsoft/work/mod_perl/usr/ports/swsoft/mod_perl/work/mod_perl-2.0.4/docs/api/APR/UUID.pod blib/lib/APR/UUID.pm
Manifying blib/man3/APR::UUID.3
/usr/local/bin/perl5.8.8 -Iblib/lib -I/usr/ports/swsoft/work/mod_perl/usr/ports/swsoft/mod_perl/work/mod_perl-2.0.4/Apache-Test/lib -MModPerl::BuildMM -e ModPerl::BuildMM::glue_pod WrapXS/APR/Util/Util.pm /usr/ports/swsoft/work/mod_perl/usr/ports/swsoft/mod_perl/work/mod_perl-2.0.4/docs/api/APR/Util.pod blib/lib/APR/Util.pm
Manifying blib/man3/APR::Util.3
/usr/local/bin/perl5.8.8 -Iblib/lib -I/usr/ports/swsoft/work/mod_perl/usr/ports/swsoft/mod_perl/work/mod_perl-2.0.4/Apache-Test/lib -MModPerl::BuildMM -e ModPerl::BuildMM::glue_pod WrapXS/Apache2/URI/URI.pm /usr/ports/swsoft/work/mod_perl/usr/ports/swsoft/mod_perl/work/mod_perl-2.0.4/docs/api/Apache2/URI.pod blib/lib/Apache2/URI.pm
Manifying blib/man3/Apache2::URI.3
/usr/local/bin/perl5.8.8 -Iblib/lib -I/usr/ports/swsoft/work/mod_perl/usr/ports/swsoft/mod_perl/work/mod_perl-2.0.4/Apache-Test/lib -MModPerl::BuildMM -e ModPerl::BuildMM::glue_pod lib/Apache2/PerlSections.pm /usr/ports/swsoft/work/mod_perl/usr/ports/swsoft/mod_perl/work/mod_perl-2.0.4/docs/api/Apache2/PerlSections.pod blib/lib/Apache2/PerlSections.pm
Manifying blib/man3/Apache2::perlSections.3
/usr/local/bin/perl5.8.8 -Iblib/lib -I/usr/ports/swsoft/work/mod_perl/usr/ports/swsoft/mod_perl/work/mod_perl-2.0.4/Apache-Test/lib -MModPerl::BuildMM -e ModPerl::BuildMM::glue_pod WrapXS/Apache2/ServerUtil/ServerUtil.pm /usr/ports/swsoft/work/mod_perl/usr/ports/swsoft/mod_perl/work/mod_perl-2.0.4/docs/api/Apache2/ServerUtil.pod blib/lib/Apache2/ServerUtil.pm
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
*** Error code 139

Stop in /usr/ports/swsoft/work/mod_perl/usr/ports/swsoft/mod_perl/work/mod_perl-2.0.4.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/swsoft/mod_perl.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/swsoft/psa-php-configurator.
*** Error code 1

*** Error code 1

ERROR: Errors occurred during installation of a package from the port swsoft/psa-php-configurator.
Attention! Your software might be inoperable.
Please, resolve the above problem and try installing the packages again.
If you cannot resolve the problem on your own, contact product technical support for assistance.

Now i'am, getting this error:

Preparing Your System for Product Installation
===============================================================================

There are 7 packages required for product to function properly, which
were not found in your system.

There are 0 packages that need to be upgraded
in order to install the product.

N) Install packages;
S) Show a list of packages; L) Back to primary components list;
Q) Cancel installing;
Select action [N]:
Starting installation of packages
Removing temporary files...done
Removing conflicting packages...
Update system packages (it can take a long time)...
Starting installation of packages
===> Install pre-depends for swsoft/psa-php-configurator
............Syntax error: "(" unexpected
*** Error code 2

*** Error code 1

*** Error code 1

*** Error code 1

*** Error code 1

ERROR: Errors occurred during installation of a package from the port swsoft/psa-php-configurator.
Attention! Your software might be inoperable.
Please, resolve the above problem and try installing the packages again.
If you cannot resolve the problem on your own, contact product technical support for assistance.

Anybody?

BTW, nice to see that I'm not the only one who using FreeBSD and fighting with Parallels to improve FreeBSD support :)

lol, fighting is very appropriate word here :)

FreeBSD was always kinda supported, but personally I would not go for it on a production server because keeping the Plesk server components up to date can be quite painful on FreeBSD.

Anyhow recently I installed Plesk 9.2.1 on FreeBSD 6.4 - and everything was nice and smooth, definitely because I used ports collection snapshot provided by Plesk. I suspect that it might be much worse if I chose to keep and use the original updated ports tree.

Btw, did anybody try that?

Back