• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the current Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Issue Error installing Wordpress on RDS Remote Database.

williambray

New Pleskian
Hi All,

Today my team have been unable to install new wordpress installations on Plesk when using our remote RDS database sever for the installation. The error we are receiving is as follows:
1599732765876.png
Yesterday we were able to do multiple installations without issue as we always have. I am wondering if this is an issue that has come with last nights release of Wordpress Toolkit 4.10.

We have disabled, and reinstalled WPT to attempt to resolve the issue but no luck.

We have been able to create an installation using the database on localhost but we want to continue using our remote RDS MySQL aurora DB as we have been.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,

William

Thank you for communicating the issue! Our team will do our best to investigate it, we will provide you with the results shortly.

Could you please clarify your Plesk version and operating system? Did you create RDS instance using Amazon RDS Integration extension, or manually in AWS console and when attached it to Plesk manually via Tools & Settings / Database Servers screen?

Just in case, can you still manage your remote RDS instance via Plesk? For instance, could you please check access to the server using phpMyAdmin (via the Tools & Settings / Database Servers screen)?

Unfortunately, we cannot reproduce this issue on our environment. Could you please check a log (/var/log/plesk/panel.log) for errors? Error stack trace could be really helpful to catch the clue.

Finally, we were able to reproduce an issue and have confirmed a bug EXTWPTOOLK-5552. The issue occurs on the step of creating the database for the new WordPress site if the overall length of a database creating command exceeds a certain value.

As a temporary workaround, we suggest minimizing database server hostname (for instance, use an IP instead, but you can't do it if there are any existing database on the server), database name, database username, database password and table prefix: all these options could be found on WordPress installation drawer.

We will deliver a fix of this problem in WordPress Toolkit 4.10.1 as soon as we can.

Sorry for never getting back to this thread! We carried on attempting the creation and changing the name till it eventually worked! Glad the team has found the issue and have a fix coming!

Thank you!

Thank you for getting back! :) The fix of issue EXTWPTOOLK-5552 was included into version 4.10.1, published at September, 11. I hope this ultimately has solved an issue. I apologized for the inconvenience.

Could you please clarify your Plesk version and operating system? Did you create RDS instance using Amazon RDS Integration extension, or manually in AWS console and when attached it to Plesk manually via Tools & Settings / Database Servers screen?

I had a similar problem (Plesk Obsidian v18.0.31_build1800201106.13) I'm trying to attach manually an existing RDS database but receiving an error

Code:
SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1044 Access denied for user 'plesk'@'%' to database 'd5fc521f634702'
[2020-11-30 17:47:37.706] ERR [panel.ui] The test connection to the database server has failed because the supplied account does not possess administra
tive privileges:<br />
<br />
SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user &#039;plesk&#039;@&#039;10.0.1.28&#039; (using password: YES)
[2020-11-30 18:06:43.551] ERR [panel] PleskUserDBException: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'plesk'@'10.0.1.28' (using password: YES)
file: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/DatabaseManagerMySQL.php
line: 900
code: 1045
trace: #0 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/DatabaseManagerMySQL.php(866): DatabaseManagerMySQL->handleException(object of type PDOException)
#1 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/DatabaseManagerMySQL.php(136): DatabaseManagerMySQL->connectPDO(string 'pleskrds.cskrtgruxfdp.eu-central-1.rds.amazonaws.com', string '3306', string 'plesk', string '******', NULL null)
#2 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/DatabaseManager.php(1050): DatabaseManagerMySQL->connectImpl(string 'pleskrds.cskrtgruxfdp.eu-central-1.rds.amazonaws.com', string '3306', string 'plesk', string '******')

I found a related bug #EXTCERT-1928 but I need to attach a manually-created existing database since RDS integration plug in doesn't allow to create the needed instance (MariaDB 10.4) and size

Can you explain the meaning of "does not possess administrative privileges:" I tried with mysql consolle and the user has te right to create databases, create other users and assign privileges to them

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:
Back