• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved Error log too big in size

abdallahoraby

New Pleskian
Could you support please as my error.log in /var/log/plesk-php80-fpm size is always over 50 GB, can i delete it manually first, and second is there any way to solve this issue automatically.

Screenshot_20210418_120709.png

The logrotate configuration file for fpm services is located in /etc/logrotate.d/ directory:

Code:
# ls -l /etc/logrotate.d/*php*
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 203 Nov 15 23:36 /etc/logrotate.d/php-fpm
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 211 Jan 9 13:25 /etc/logrotate.d/plesk-php56
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 211 Jan 9 12:46 /etc/logrotate.d/plesk-php70
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 211 Jan 9 11:11 /etc/logrotate.d/plesk-php71
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 211 Jan 9 14:50 /etc/logrotate.d/plesk-php72

Modify the corresponding file for required php-fpm service in an appropriate way:
For example, for system php-fpm /etc/logrotate.d/php-fpm file will look like the following:

Code:
/var/log/php-fpm/*log {
    rotate 14
    daily
    missingok
    notifempty
    size 100M
    compress
    missingok
    notifempty
    sharedscripts
    delaycompress
    postrotate
        /bin/kill -SIGUSR1 `cat /run/php-fpm/php-fpm.pid 2>/dev/null` 2>/dev/null || true
    endscript
}

Note: parameters rotate (specified in days), size and daily (or monthly, weekly) can be changed to meet the requirements.
If it is required to rotate log files more often, then remove parameter daily from the config above and create a cron task. For example, the following will run logrotate every 5 hours:

Code:
# crontab -e
01 01,06,11,16,21 * * *  /usr/sbin/logrotate /etc/logrotate.d/php-fpm -s /var/lib/logrotate/logrotate.status

The logrotate configuration file for fpm services is located in /etc/logrotate.d/ directory:

Code:
# ls -l /etc/logrotate.d/*php*
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 203 Nov 15 23:36 /etc/logrotate.d/php-fpm
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 211 Jan 9 13:25 /etc/logrotate.d/plesk-php56
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 211 Jan 9 12:46 /etc/logrotate.d/plesk-php70
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 211 Jan 9 11:11 /etc/logrotate.d/plesk-php71
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 211 Jan 9 14:50 /etc/logrotate.d/plesk-php72

Modify the corresponding file for required php-fpm service in an appropriate way:
For example, for system php-fpm /etc/logrotate.d/php-fpm file will look like the following:

Code:
/var/log/php-fpm/*log {
    rotate 14
    daily
    missingok
    notifempty
    size 100M
    compress
    missingok
    notifempty
    sharedscripts
    delaycompress
    postrotate
        /bin/kill -SIGUSR1 `cat /run/php-fpm/php-fpm.pid 2>/dev/null` 2>/dev/null || true
    endscript
}

Note: parameters rotate (specified in days), size and daily (or monthly, weekly) can be changed to meet the requirements.
If it is required to rotate log files more often, then remove parameter daily from the config above and create a cron task. For example, the following will run logrotate every 5 hours:

Code:
# crontab -e
01 01,06,11,16,21 * * *  /usr/sbin/logrotate /etc/logrotate.d/php-fpm -s /var/lib/logrotate/logrotate.status

Really i appreciate your help and reply. It solved my problem and i create the cron job via plesk gui is it the same ?

1619006627262.png

Back