• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Error occurred while initializing Plesk: Ubuntu 20.04, Percona 8.0

granicus

New Pleskian
I am getting the following error after installing Plesk on an Ubuntu 20.04 server with Percona 8.0 as the database:

An error occurred while initializing Plesk.
  • SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'PASSWORD('$AES-128-CBC$<hashed pw>')' at line 1
It looks like there is some syntax issue between what Plesk is trying and what Percona 8.0 accepts. Does anyone know what the full command is that it is trying to run, and whether running it manually will resolve the error? Or is there a log file where I can find what it is trying to do? Searching the known logs per this article do not even show where this error is occurring.

As a side note, when I navigate to Tools & Settings -> Database Servers, the localhost server shows a green checkmark stating that connection was successful.

Plesk supported database servers:
MySQL 5.1–5.7
MySQL community edition 5.5, 5.6, 5.7, 8
PostgreSQL 8.4–10
MariaDB 5.5-10.5
MariaDB Connector 3.0.9

Percona is not listed as a supported database server, so probably it won't work. There was an article on earlier versions how to use it as a database server, but that is gone from the FAQs. Maybe you should consider to stick with the officially named database systems.

Hmm, I am puzzled, because some current documentation seems to suggest that Percona is still supported, like

And is it really necessary or could you not simply choose a trouble-free solution? What makes Percona so outstanding that it is needed for your installation?

Hmm, I am puzzled, because some current documentation seems to suggest that Percona is still supported, like
Yet, elsewhere, for example here: Software Requirements for Plesk Obsidian it doesn't list Percona at all... :rolleyes:

There has been typos / not-updated thus out-dated guidance articles before from Plesk, so this might be another example of that @granicus

MariaDB / Plesk Obsidian has always been a pretty good example (for us) of a 'trouble-free solution' in reference to the question posted by @Peter Debik above

Back