• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

error on Plesk Migration Agent

S

sheriph

hi,

we are going to migrate 50 websites from our older server to our new server.

both of the servers are windows and both of them are using plesk 9.3.0

first i enter to old server RDC, and in RDC i enter to new server plesk panel and go "migration manager" and click to "Synchronize". it gives me a link for Plesk Migration Agent. i download it and install it. after installation, we started it. the Plesk Migration Agent is now running.

then i exit from RDC when it is running, and i enter to new server's plesk panel from my browser on my own computer. then go to migration manager, then click "Start New Migration"

i select " Transfer data from another server" then enter my old server administrator login details.

"Directory on the target host where Migration Manager will transfer and store temporary migration files" part is "C:\temp"
and select "Only manually selected resellers, clients and domains "
also select "Compress data during the transfer" (i tried one time with deselecting it too but nothing is changed)

and i push to the "next" button

but we see the following error after pushing "next" button:

Error: The version of Plesk Migration Agent running on the remote host is older than the version of Plesk Migration Manager being currently used. Please install Plesk Migration Manager components of the same version.

but as i told, i downloaded and installed the version that it gives me to install to the old server.

i must do it as soon as possible.

do you have any comments on this?

thank you very much..

Get new Agents

Unistall previous versions of PMM from both servers if you are able to.

Get onto the Parrallels download page on the source server and download the latest migration agent you can find, currently 9.5.2 --> http://www.parallels.com/uk/download/plesk/utilities/ <-- you should find it on that page.

Install it and run it.

Now install the exact same version on the target server.

Now log into Plesk on the target server and run the migration utility.

Success!!!

This is what I had to do to get my migration to work even after trying the syncronise thing like you did!

Back