• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

ERROR: PleskFatalException on Plesk update

TimSteves

New Pleskian
I ran an update in Plesk and now I get this when I try to log in:

ERROR: PleskFatalException

Unable to acquire semaphore: Declaration of Skin::initFromSubmit() should be compatible with that of cObject::initFromSubmit()

0: common_func.php3:8
lock_level(string 'SEM_SERVICE_NODE_PROPERTIES')
1: Semaphore.php:16
Semaphore::lock(string 'SEM_SERVICE_NODE_PROPERTIES')
2: Properties.php:146
Service_Node_Properties->sync(NULL null, boolean false)
3: Components.php:20
Service_Node_Components->sync()
4: Properties.php:32
Service_Node_Properties->__construct(object of type Db_Table_Row_ServiceNode)
5: ServiceNode.php:185
Db_Table_Row_ServiceNode->components()
6: ServiceNode.php:88
Db_Table_Row_ServiceNode->refreshProperties()
7: auth.php3:502

All my sites show the "Apache 2 Test Page powered by CentOS" page.

I ran bootstrapper repair and restarted my server with no luck. I also tried running pleskrestore but I get this error:
PHP Warning: mdecrypt_generic(): An empty string was passed; File: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3, Line: 542

PHP Warning: psasem_lock() expects parameter 1 to be long, string given; File: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3, Line: 7

Any ideas?

Specify a version you have upgraded from.
Looks like something was wrong during upgrade, check /tmp/autoinstaller3.log
Check file /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/constants.php3 exists and check which package it belongs to (should be the same as /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3 and /usr/local/psa/admin/auto_prepend/auth.php3)

Possibly you have applied some custom fix (or support team did), e.g. from KB articles (http://kb.parallels.com/en/11172)
But it will not work for Plesk 11.0 (because it was built for previous version).
In this case you can do the following:
# rpm -qf /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3
plesk-core-11.0.9-cos5.build110120608.16
# find / -name plesk-core-11.0.9-cos5.build110120608.16* /root/parallels/PSA_11.0.9/dist-rpm-CentOS-5-x86_64/base/plesk-core-11.0.9-cos5.build110120608.16.x86_64.rpm
# rpm2cpio /root/parallels/PSA_11.0.9/dist-rpm-CentOS-5-x86_64/base/plesk-core-11.0.9-cos5.build110120608.16.x86_64.rpm | cpio -ivd ./usr/local/psa/admin/plib/constants.php3
# cp /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/constants.php3 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/constants.php3.backup
# cp ./usr/local/psa/admin/plib/constants.php3 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/constants.php3

Back