• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Panel 11 not working after upgrade from PP9

ukc

New Pleskian
Hello,

My provider upgraded from PP9 to PP11 yesterday and it all seemed fine. However, after attempting to login to the panel today, I am getting the following error after waiting some minutes for the login page to timeout:

----------------
ERROR: Service_Agent_Exception
Up Level
Unable to read components configuration from the service node: Packagemng timeout
0: Unix.php:343
Service_Node_Components_Unix->_syncProperties(NULL null, boolean false)
1: :
call_user_func_array(array, array)
2: Properties.php:151
Service_Node_Properties->sync(NULL null, boolean false)
3: Components.php:20
Service_Node_Components->sync()
4: Properties.php:32
Service_Node_Properties->__construct(object of type Db_Table_Row_ServiceNode)
5: ServiceNode.php:185
Db_Table_Row_ServiceNode->components()
6: ServiceNode.php:88
Db_Table_Row_ServiceNode->refreshProperties()
7: auth.php3:507
----------------

There were some problems during the upgrade that might help.
1) The initial upgrade to P10 failed because the mysql version was 5.5. To resolve, mysql was downgraded to 5.1 then the PP10 upgrade re-applied, this worked. Then the panel was upgrade to PP11. The panel was working fine after the upgrade.
2) No further operations have been performed since the upgrade yesterday. Now the login page just 'hangs'.
3) All sites, email functionality, FTP etc is working perfectly. Just no Plesk Panel to login to - it just hangs there until timeout with the above mentioned error.

Any ideas would be welcome!

Have you tried fix it with bootstrapper repair procedure?

Plesk 11 Login Problem - SOLVED

The problems seems to be that the installer was running and simply hung, this was preventing the login.

A server reboot resolved the problem so no actual remedial action was necessary.

Maybe rebooting after an upgrade is the best idea!

The problem is these process stuck after each night, the login does not work unless I kill them, any ideas why these processes are hanging?

------
root 8504 0.0 0.1 11608 6708 ? S Feb14 0:01 /usr/lib/rpm/rpmq -q --all --qf %{name}-%{version}-%{release}.%{arch}.rpm\n
root 11630 0.0 0.1 11620 6768 ? S Feb14 0:01 /usr/lib/rpm/rpmq -q --all --queryformat F:system_installed_brief_%{NAME}-%{VERSION}-%{RELEASE}.rpm\nN:%{NAME}\nE:%{EPOCH}\nV:%{VERSION}\nL:%{RELEASE}\nA:%{ARCH}\nf:%{INSTALLTIME}\nB:%{BUILDTIME}\n[P:%{PROVIDENAME} %{PROVIDEFLAGS:depflags} %{PROVIDEVERSION}\n]X:\n
root 14876 0.0 0.1 11604 6732 ? S 04:18 0:01 /usr/lib/rpm/rpmq -q --all --qf %{name}-%{version}-%{release}.%{arch}.rpm\n
root 26125 0.0 0.1 11616 6788 ? S Feb14 0:01 /usr/lib/rpm/rpmq -q --all --queryformat F:system_installed_brief_%{NAME}-%{VERSION}-%{RELEASE}.rpm\nN:%{NAME}\nE:%{EPOCH}\nV:%{VERSION}\nL:%{RELEASE}\nA:%{ARCH}\nf:%{INSTALLTIME}\nB:%{BUILDTIME}\n[P:%{PROVIDENAME} %{PROVIDEFLAGS:depflags} %{PROVIDEVERSION}\n]X:\n
root 27379 0.0 0.1 11616 6792 ? S Feb14 0:01 /usr/lib/rpm/rpmq -q --all --queryformat F:system_installed_brief_%{NAME}-%{VERSION}-%{RELEASE}.rpm\nN:%{NAME}\nE:%{EPOCH}\nV:%{VERSION}\nL:%{RELEASE}\nA:%{ARCH}\nf:%{INSTALLTIME}\nB:%{BUILDTIME}\n[P:%{PROVIDENAME} %{PROVIDEFLAGS:depflags} %{PROVIDEVERSION}\n]X:\n
root 29651 0.0 0.1 11616 6784 ? S Feb14 0:01 /usr/lib/rpm/rpmq -q --all --queryformat F:system_installed_brief_%{NAME}-%{VERSION}-%{RELEASE}.rpm\nN:%{NAME}\nE:%{EPOCH}\nV:%{VERSION}\nL:%{RELEASE}\nA:%{ARCH}\nf:%{INSTALLTIME}\nB:%{BUILDTIME}\n[P:%{PROVIDENAME} %{PROVIDEFLAGS:depflags} %{PROVIDEVERSION}\n]X:\n
------

To get the panel working again I do the following:

# service psa stop all
# killall -9 rpmq
# service psa start

I would appreciate any assistance to find a proper solution to this issue.

Thank you.

Guys, what is "bootstrapper repair procedure" .. ( I have already tried rebooting my VPS machine, did not solve it)

---------My Error ---------

ERROR: Service_Agent_Exception

Up Level
Unable to read components configuration from the service node: Packagemng timeout
0: Unix.php:343
Service_Node_Components_Unix->_syncProperties(NULL null, boolean false)
1: :
call_user_func_array(array, array)
2: Properties.php:151
Service_Node_Properties->sync(NULL null, boolean false)
3: Components.php:20
Service_Node_Components->sync()
4: Properties.php:32
Service_Node_Properties->__construct(object of type Db_Table_Row_ServiceNode)
5: ServiceNode.php:185
Db_Table_Row_ServiceNode->components()
6: ServiceNode.php:88
Db_Table_Row_ServiceNode->refreshProperties()
7: auth.php3:511

Pardon my ignorance .. but how to execute this command .. (via some web page or ??) .. I have Plesk version 11.0.9

Would it wipe out my website content / database content ?

Would any person be willing to do this for me? I can pay via Paypal .. I can be reached at paperscrap.net[at]gmail.com

I figured out how to run ... (via Putty - SSH login ) .. I get this message

/usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/pp11.0.9-bootstrapper/bootstrapper.sh repair

Unable to create lock file in /var/lock
Another instance of bootstrapper is already running. Please wait until it finishes.
If you are completely sure there is no other instance running, just remove /var/lock/parallels-panel-bootstrapper-running.lock file and retry.
Note: running more than one instance at once may badly damage your system

Guys, any help will be really appreciated. I have rebooted VPS machine a couple of times. I get this error after running the bootstrap repair command via Putty/SSH.

/usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/pp11.0.9-bootstrapper/bootstrapper.sh repair

Another instance of bootstrapper is already running. Please wait until it finishes.
If you are completely sure there is no other instance running, just remove /var/lock/parallels-panel-bootstrapper-running.lock file and retry.

Have you tried this?

I did not try it yet. The message itself was quite scary. Therefore I wanted to get opinion of people here before taking the next action.

I did not try it yet. The message itself was quite scary. Therefore I wanted to get opinion of people here before taking the next action.

Contact Support Team if you afraid to do some actions for fixing. Experienced supporters will check and fix this issue directly on your server.

I went to the "lock" folder .. and ran this command

$ rm -f parallels-panel-bootstrapper-running.lock
$ /usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/pp11.0.9-bootstrapper/bootstrapper.sh repair

BUT .. I get the same message ... Am I doing anything wrong ?

Question: How much would something like this cost ( support from Parallels support team) ? .. rough idea at least ?

Last edited:
Back