• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

ERROR: PleskMainDBException

I'm having the same problem as the above poster ... anyone have an idea?

Originally posted by vesterman
Ok now I get an error in plesk
"MySQL query failed: Unknown column 'ownership' in 'field list'"

Can I use the same command but change to
mysql> ALTER TABLE clients ADD ownership VARCHAR(36);

Went ahead and did that and Horray! it works now!
thanks again for your excellent help on my issue phoenix!

Be carefull vesterman. I did the same modification and yes sure now my Plesk is accessible. But I did a field comparison on a healthy Plesk upgrade and I found that 'ownership' is:

ENUM field, not VARCHAR, which takes 'true' and 'false' values. The default is 'true' and it is NOT NULL.

I'm not sure if you will ever experience a problem with this, unless you maybe start using Expand or some other integration product. Who Knows.

Originally posted by eugenevdm
Be carefull vesterman. I did the same modification and yes sure now my Plesk is accessible. But I did a field comparison on a healthy Plesk upgrade and I found that 'ownership' is:

ENUM field, not VARCHAR, which takes 'true' and 'false' values. The default is 'true' and it is NOT NULL.

I'm not sure if you will ever experience a problem with this, unless you maybe start using Expand or some other integration product. Who Knows.

Well, your hypothesis may be correct. It was probably the root of my problem when I tried to update to Plesk to version 2 from 8.1

It rendered my plesk inaccessible, and then login page not even found when I tried to update via ssh.

Well $79 to swsoft later, the problem was fixed. Hre is the findings so maybe someone else can save the $79. Feel free to donate a small token of appreciation via paypal :) lol.

"I found that Plesk upgrade was failed and the database had some mix of 8.1 and 8.2 data structures. Unfortunately there was no mysql dumps. To be more exact the latest dump had "Jul 12" date. So I was forced to downgrade the database manually such way:

mysql> ALTER TABLE clients DROP COLUMN uid;
Query OK, 3 rows affected (0.04 sec)
Records: 3 Duplicates: 0 Warnings: 0
mysql>
mysql> ALTER TABLE clients DROP COLUMN ownership;
Query OK, 3 rows affected (0.23 sec)
mysql> ALTER TABLE clients DROP COLUMN server_version;
Query OK, 3 rows affected (0.05 sec)
mysql>
etc

Then I updated Plesk to 8.2.0 version fine.

Now if you with you can update it to 8.2.1 version."

OK it's a bit of a consolation, but I have since discovered other discrepencies.

1. There is another table called dom_level_usrs which also has new columns called 'uid' and 'ownership', which is also not present on my system. I had to add them before my Expand would start synching again with my CM which was the botched upgrade.

2. And in response to the report from SWSoft:
ALTER TABLE clients DROP COLUMN server_version;

This is very interesting SQL, as on none of my two other healthy systems does a column called 'server_version' even exist, and those upgrades definitely didn't have any problems.

The plot thickens and my wallet is also starting to feel the pressure.

Originally posted by vesterman

mysql> ALTER TABLE clients DROP COLUMN uid;
Query OK, 3 rows affected (0.04 sec)
mysql>
mysql> ALTER TABLE clients DROP COLUMN ownership;
Query OK, 3 rows affected (0.23 sec)
mysql> ALTER TABLE clients DROP COLUMN server_version;
Query OK, 3 rows affected (0.05 sec)
mysql>
etc

Just in case anyone else reads this post. I did some research and either vesterman is misquoting SWSoft or the SWSoft engineer was a bit sloppy. The fact:

The table clients does not contain a field server_version. The field server_version belongs to the table DatabaseServers.

Originally posted by eugenevdm
Just in case anyone else reads this post. I did some research and either vesterman is misquoting SWSoft or the SWSoft engineer was a bit sloppy. The fact:

The table clients does not contain a field server_version. The field server_version belongs to the table DatabaseServers.

Hey, I copied the text directly from the email swsoft sent me....so who was in error?????

Back