• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Resolved Error SSL Cert for email

mihaitiberiu

New Pleskian
Hello,

My config:
CentOS Linux 7.9.2009 (Core)
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64 Web Pro Edition
Courier
Postfix
I have multi domain. Every domain have unique ip

I recive this error:
couriertls: read: error:14094412:SSL routines:ssl3_read_bytes:sslv3 alert bad certificate

I can sent mail on smtp (465) but not recive email in thunderbird.Can help me?

Hey.

STMP port 465 needs SSL/TLS Connection security. If you use Encryption method STARTTLS on port 465 you will get a connection error.

STARTTLS works on ports 25 and 587.

Hey,

Imap uses STARTTLS with port 143
SSL/TLS with port 993

What server address are you using in your email client? What email client are you using? Old Outlook installs don't support anything newer than TLS1.0, while PCI compliance resolver will disable older versions of TLS other than 1.2 and 1.3.

Hi,

After a short DM, we found out the IMAP/POP3 service was Courier which doesn't support multiple SSL certificates. Switching to Dovecot allowed the installation of SSL certificates on the mail service for each domain.

Dovecot conf was broken thus the entire mail service was uninstalled, /etc/dovecot/ moved out of the way and postfix/dovecot installed back.

The mail service works.

Back