• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Error: Unable to change locale

T

thodie

Language Pack Error: Unable to change locale

Hi all,

After a server-crash i had to reinstall Plesk 8.2.0 on a new Windows 2003 Standard R2 Server.
After the successfull installation of Plesk i restored the clients, domains and server settings with the Plesk backup file. The Restore was also successfull.

As next i installed the language pack "plesk_8.2.0_languagepack_070719.08_de-DE.msi".
Also this installation was made successfully.

In the Plesk Control Panel under Interface Management i have now the line with:

de-DE GERMAN Germany

But when i try to set up now the installed DE Language Pack as the default one i receive the following error:

Error: Unable to change locale: the specified interface language pack files do not exist in the system.

I've already tried to uninstall the language pack and reinstall it, but the same error appears and i am not able to set the new language pack as the default.

What could be the reason for this problem?

Thank you for your ideas, input or help.

Best Regards,

Thorsten

Has really nobody any ideas about the language pack error?

Something other interesting that i've seen is the following thing:

When i went to the Interface Management under Plesk CP, i see that under my default language pack (en-US ENGLISH United States) "24 used" is shown. But i only have 20 clients (and 20 domains) in Plesk.

Could it be, that perhaps old deleted domains are still in the Plesk Database? And could it perhaps be, that this is the problem why i cannot use another language pack without to receive the error?

Where can i find the table in which the Plesk CP language settings per client are defined? And in which database can i find this table?

Or in other words, where can i correct this wrong value that is shown under Interface Management?

By the way, i have this problem since i've updated my Plesk CP from 8.1.0 to 8.2.0.

Thanks for any suggestions or ideas.

Kind Regards,

Thorsten

Re: Language Pack Error: Unable to change locale

Originally posted by thodie
As next i installed the language pack "plesk_8.2.0_languagepack_070719.08_de-DE.msi".
Also this installation was made successfully.

In the Plesk Control Panel under Interface Management i have now the line with:

de-DE GERMAN Germany

But when i try to set up now the installed DE Language Pack as the default one i receive the following error:

Error: Unable to change locale: the specified interface language pack files do not exist in the system.

I've already tried to uninstall the language pack and reinstall it, but the same error appears and i am not able to set the new language pack as the default.

What's Maximum number of language packs on Plesk > Server > License Management ?

Back