• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Error: Unable to upload

S

ScottT

Hello, I receive the following error when I try to upload a file using File Manager in Plesk Control Panel:

Error: Unable to upload C:\fakepath\test.txt to //httpdocs/C:\fakepath\test.txt: Improper value.

I've tried different types of files and uploading to different locations and I get the same error; only the filename changes (i.e test.txt) in the error message.

More Details
This error began after upgrading from Plesk 10.1.1 to 10.3.1 and running the Plesk Reconfigurator tool. I have tried giving Everyone Full Control permissions to the website, but that had no effect.

Any ideas how to fix this? Thank you.

I upgraded another server from 10.1.1 to 10.3.1 and it gives the same error. So, this is a problem with the 10.3.1 upgrade.

Go to File Manager and attempt a file upload. Do you get the same error?

It depends on the browser. As far as I know, it works in Firefox. We have already submitted bugreport regarding this issue and it will be completely fixed in Plesk 10.4.

In addition to the Firefox workaround, another workaround is to zip the file(s) and choose the Upload archive and extract it option.

Back