• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Issue Error when doing backup on remote FTP

PaoloM

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS Linux 7.9.2009 (Core)
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.60 Update #1
Hello to everybody, I'm Paolo and I'm a new member of the Plesk community.

I need some help because I'm getting crazy trying to resolve a Plesk issue. I have a Plesk Obsidian 18.0.60 Update #1 on a CentOS Linux 7.9.2009 (Core) server. I configured backups in a private FTP storage (QNAP NAS Server) that had been working for years. A few weeks ago I started to have an issue: the backup was done and I can find it in the remote storage, but I receive this error message: "Error: Unable to validate the remote backup. It may not be restored. Error: Unable to extract dump header", so the backup results unusable. Another thing, even if I select "Incremental backup" it does a full backup.
I already tried to change the remote storage, using Google Drive instead, but I got the same issue. If I set local backup, storing on the server, everything is fine.
I've got the same configuration in two servers (same operating system and Plesk version) and I've not experienced any problems.
Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Paolo

Hi Paolo,
This error could be due to a corrupted backup file or an issue with FTP transmission. Try updating Plesk and verify FTP settings. Check NAS logs for errors.

Hi Paolo,
This error could be due to a corrupted backup file or an issue with FTP transmission. Try updating Plesk and verify FTP settings. Check NAS logs for errors.
Hi Siddiq, I have no problems with the NAS server and the backup file is correctly stored. If I use Google Drive instead of the NAS server, like remote storage, the problem is still the same. Everything is updated on Plesk.

Back