• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Error when installing wordpress application

SleuvinS

New Pleskian
I have Plesk 12.5 on a CentOS 6.8, I configured my website with php 7.0 in FastCGI via the panel, changed the apache 2.2 MPM to worker via command line, installed mysql 5.6 through atomic repository, and changed the mysql driver path like this. I'm trying to install wordpress via the application panel, but I get this error: "Non-zero exit status returned by script."

Here's my panel.log output:

Code:
[2017-02-10 11:44:33] ERR [panel] Failed to detect php setting value (safe_mode)
: Failed to execute request: The requested URL returned error: 503 Service Tempo
rarily Unavailable (this message is repeated 5 times with different timestamps)

[2017-02-10 11:50:30] ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed ['/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/sappmng' '--run-application-script' '--script-file-name=configure' '--script-name=install' '--script-language=php' '--user-name=*********' '--php-cli=/opt/plesk/php/7.0/bin/php' '--php-ini=/var/www/vhosts/system/********.ovh.net/etc/php.ini' '--application-full-name=file:////usr/local/psa/var/apspackages/apscatalogfrCarJ.zip37a7506d-09cf-61/cache'] with exit code [1]
[2017-02-10 11:50:30] ERR [1] '/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/sappmng' '--run-application-script' '--script-file-name=configure' '--script-name=install' '--script-language=php' '--user-name=********' '--php-cli=/opt/plesk/php/7.0/bin/php' '--php-ini=/var/www/vhosts/system/*******.ovh.net/etc/php.ini' '--application-full-name=file:////usr/local/psa/var/apspackages/apscatalogfrCarJ.zip37a7506d-09cf-61/cache' failed with code 1.

stdout:
Unable to execute SQL statement (  `meta_id` bigint(20) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
  `comment_id` bigint(20) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
  `meta_key` varchar(255) DEFAULT NULL,
  `meta_value` longtext,
  PRIMARY KEY (`meta_id`),
  KEY `comment_id` (`comment_id`),
  KEY `meta_key` (`meta_key`(191))
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '`meta_id` bigint(20) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
  `comment_id` bigint(20' at line 1

stderr:

[2017-02-10 11:50:30] ERR [panel] Exception:
[2017-02-10 11:50:30] ERR [panel] Script execution failed:
[2017-02-10 11:50:30] ERR [panel] CommonPanel_Aps_ServiceCreationHelper::installService Non-zero exit status returned by script.
[2017-02-10 11:50:31] ERR [panel] Task failed: id=23, pid=19543, type=aps-install, error=Non-zero exit status returned by script.

I tried to edit my php 7 ini file from my panel to add a custom line "safe_mode = off" but that didn't change a thing. I also tried to edit the error_log path in /opt/plesk/php/7.0/etc/php.ini but I can't see this log file neither.

What could be causing the troubles? Would I be better just reinstalling my server before making any other changes (no data on it)?

"The requested URL returned error: 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable" => Can the domain be accessed from the Internet or is is locked/deactivated? In that case, activate the domain first.

Thanks helping me reading the error status, I realize now I didn't allow any DNS in my firewall rules, so the domain cannot be reached.

But I can't test it since I ran into another error: My NAT gateway changed my IPv4, and I restricted plesk panel access to the precedent IP only. I can enter my VPS through ssh though, so how could I change (or erase) the stored IP restriction?

Thank you Peter. I was able to modify the database like explained in your first link. Also I remembered that my domain was "suspended" because it sounded like a good idea during production, and that was causing the "error 503". Sadly that doesn't solve my whole problem, here's the output in my panel.log:

Code:
[2017-02-13 16:41:27] ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed ['/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/sappmng' '--run-application-script' '--script-file-name=configure' '--script-name=install' '--script-language=php' '--user-name=********' '--php-cli=/opt/plesk/php/7.0/bin/php' '--php-ini=/var/www/vhosts/system/*********/etc/php.ini' '--application-full-name=file:////usr/local/psa/var/apspackages/apscatalogqw7qr3.zip443b7169-8b49-8f/cache'] with exit code [1]
[2017-02-13 16:41:27] ERR [1] '/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/sappmng' '--run-application-script' '--script-file-name=configure' '--script-name=install' '--script-language=php' '--user-name=*******' '--php-cli=/opt/plesk/php/7.0/bin/php' '--php-ini=/var/www/vhosts/system/**********/etc/php.ini' '--application-full-name=file:////usr/local/psa/var/apspackages/apscatalogqw7qr3.zip443b7169-8b49-8f/cache' failed with code 1.

stdout:
Unable to execute SQL statement (  `meta_id` bigint(20) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
  `meta_value` longtext,
  PRIMARY KEY (`meta_id`),
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '`meta_id` bigint(20) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
  `comment_id` bigint(20' at line 1

stderr:

[2017-02-13 16:41:27] ERR [panel] Exception:
[2017-02-13 16:41:27] ERR [panel] Script execution failed:
[2017-02-13 16:41:27] ERR [panel] CommonPanel_Aps_ServiceCreationHelper::installService Non-zero exit status returned by script.
[2017-02-13 16:41:28] ERR [panel] Task failed: id=30, pid=13807, type=aps-install, error=Non-zero exit status returned by script.
[2017-02-13 16:41:28] ERR [panel] APS Catalog error: L'installation de WordPress sous*********** a échoué. Non-zero exit status returned by script.
[2017-02-13 16:41:28] ERR [panel] L'erreur suivante est survenue lors de l'installation de l'application : L'installation de WordPress sous ********* a échoué. Non-zero exit status returned by script..

My guess is that it could be related to the MySQL install i made through third-party repository (atomic), but I can't be sure.

Last edited:
Code:
create table TESTING (`meta_id` bigint(20) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
  `meta_value` longtext,
  PRIMARY KEY (`meta_id`),
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8)
works. You are still getting an error, so this must have something to do with the version of MySQL or the SQL mode it is configured to. I just saw another thread where a slightly different problem was caused by version 5.7 strict mode (https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/sql-mode.html#sql-mode-strict). That might not allow certain combinations of NULL without DEFAULT clause, making meta_id of the above statement invalid. Are you using 5.7 in strict mode?

Edit: Same can apply to 5.6 and strict mode.

Thank you for your time Peter. The sql-mode was unspecified, so I added a line with a blank statement (sql-mode=''). But that wasn't the issue here.

I searched for the ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed and it lead me to this previous thread where its author solve it by allowing more memory to php scripts. 256M and a max execution time of 60 seconds did it for me (modified through the plesk panel). Do you believe I should let it as it is (my VPS has 8GB RAM but I expect important traffic on it) or should I lower it when I launch my site?

Also I did change a hashtag character I was using for prefixing my SQL WP tables, was that an illegal character for MySQL?

Anyway, I have my Wordpress running now. Thanks!

Great that you figured this out. I was not aware that a PHP memory limit can cause this. Good to know for the future.

Difficult to say, but 256 MB memory limit is an OK value, not really very much, not too small. I'd probably leave it there if it was my computer.

Back