• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Errors after updating DNS settings

H.W.B

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.56
Hello,
When i alter the DNS settings for a domain i got the following errors in the panel error log.

[15-Oct-2023 12:30:15 Europe/Amsterdam] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught PleskMultipleException: Error during <domain> updateZone: dnsmng failed: in /opt/psa/admin/plib/Service/Dns/Connector/Plesk.php:14
Stack trace:
#0 /opt/psa/admin/plib/Service/Dns/Connector/Proxy.php(215): Service_Dns_Connector_Plesk->commitChanges()
#1 [internal function]: Service_Dns_Connector_Proxy->commitChanges()
#2 {main}
thrown in /opt/psa/admin/plib/Service/Dns/Connector/Plesk.php on line 14
[2023-10-15 12:30:17.759] 2592285:652bbf39ac37a ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed ['/opt/psa/admin/bin/dnsmng' '--update' '<domain>'] with exit code [1]
[2023-10-15 12:30:17.759] 2592285:652bbf39ac37a ERR [panel] '/opt/psa/admin/bin/dnsmng' '--update' '<domain>' failed with code 1.

When i check the DNS (with diagnose and repair) no error ar given.
When i check the dns settings for the domain, everything looks fine.

This error is shown for every domain i alter the DNS.
Is this a bug???

Henk

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @H.W.B., I tried to reproduce this on Ubuntu 22. I changed one A record of an existing domain, but the error was not logged here. Could you please provide more details what steps I should follow to reproduce the error log entry?

Hello Peter,
I added 4 DS records to domains for the DNSSEC.
That is what i did and the errors shows for every domain i alter.
Henk

Thank you for the details. I spun up another Ubuntu 22 instance, got the DNSSEC extension on it and added a DS record to a domain. Then I altered the key. Yet I was not able to reproduce the error. In this case it will be best to open a support ticket, because this seems to be an individual issue on your server. Support staff will be happy to investigate it directly on your server.

Hi,
I have exactly the same issue after activating DNSSEC for a domain. I'm running the latest Plesk version on Ubuntu 22

[2023-10-27 13:11:19.313] 355939:653b9ad74c01b ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed ['/opt/psa/admin/bin/dnsmng' '--update' 'example-domain.com' '--without-reverse'] with exit code [1]

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught PleskMultipleException: Error during example-domain.com updateZone: dnsmng failed: in /opt/psa/admin/plib/Service/Dns/Connector/Plesk.php:14

Stack trace:

#0 /opt/psa/admin/plib/Service/Dns/Connector/Proxy.php(215): Service_Dns_Connector_Plesk->commitChanges()

#1 [internal function]: Service_Dns_Connector_Proxy->commitChanges()

#2 {main}

thrown in /opt/psa/admin/plib/Service/Dns/Connector/Plesk.php on line 14
exit status 255

Hopefully there is any solution available
Best regards to all
Oskar

Until I get a solution I had to delete the DNSSEC extension because at the same time my dns server stopped zone propagation. After deleting everything turned to normal again.
I have now two server with same issue. I don't think it is a individual problem.

I have excatly the same problem. This topic says resolved but is there a posibillietie to post the solution here or link to the solution?

Hi @Rik_S
I did not received from support any response to my problem. At the end I deleted the DNSSEC to get rid of this issue. I never tried DNSSEC again, so I can not tell you if meantime it is resolved via plesk update.

Back