• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Error when running Plesk Migrator

Linux has a 'find' command that you can use to search for large files.
Thanks and I appreciate your time. I can find the files, but unclear for example when you say move from / to /home. There is no "/home" on my server. Below is the size on disk where I ran an LS command on the root and used a spreadsheet to get it to a readable size.

7.0Mbin
8.7Gbackup
50Gvirtuals
567Mlib
15Msbin
2.5Gusr
35Metc
24Mlib64
55Gvar
2.9Groot
124Mboot
303Mopt
11Mbent-users

Somehow you need to find the largest directory on the disk where you can clean up some files. I guess it's the /var directory.

# cd /var/
# du -sh * | grep -E "M|G

Find the largest directory and repeat the above commands.
For example:
# cd /var/www/vhosts/system
# du -sh * | grep -E "M|G

Stupid question, in the Plesk Migrator I get to specify the temp location to be used. If I look at df -h I see a directory (/dev/mapper/vg00-backup) that has 197G, 8.8G used and 179G available.

Why not use something like (/dev/mapper/vg00-backup/plesk_migrator) in my Plesk Migrator setup? Seems like there is ton of disk available here.

Linux has a 'find' command that you can use to search for large files.

Search for files larger than 1GB
# find / -size +1G

Or use this command to find the largest directories:
# du -cha --max-depth=1 / | grep -E "M|G"

Or use the ncdu tool to visualize the directories/files:
# apt install ncdu

Once installed type:
# ncdu /
can i install and use ncdu in ssh (putty)

We thought you're already logged in through SSH to the Linux console. Yes, you can install ncdu as explained above, but as the installation process also consumes disk space, maybe it is good to check beforehand that you have sufficient disk space for that installation.

What is your current status, anyway? Are you trying to find more files that can be deleted so that disk space is freed?

trying to find what is filling up /dev/md1; i dont really understand what i see in df -h which says /dev/md1 is full. i tried cd /dev/md1 so i could look, but i guess that is not a directory. looking for a way to view the filesystem so i can move forward.

if i go to files in Plesk, this is what i see,,which just confuses everything, i would expect something that correlates with df -h

1681293724133.png

If you're not comfortable with the vi-editor, this command makes the changes in the /etc/psa/psa.conf file for you:

Code:
# cp /etc/psa/psa.conf /etc/psa/psa.conf.bak
# sed -i 's#/var/lib/psa/dumps#/backups#g' /etc/psa/psa.conf
# service sw-cp-server restart

If you're not comfortable with the vi-editor, this command makes the changes in the /etc/psa/psa.conf file for you:

Code:
# cp /etc/psa/psa.conf /etc/psa/psa.conf.bak
# sed -i 's#/var/lib/psa/dumps#/backups#g' /etc/psa/psa.conf
# service sw-cp-server restart
wrong thread maybe?

No, it makes the changes as explained in the abovementioned article.
Thanks , I am trying to put an offline message on the website so I can run the migrator. I assume that because /dev/md1 has 0% space, that I am getting the following error. I need help understanding how to clear out files on /dev/md1.

New configuration files for the Apache web server were not created due to the errors in configuration templates: cat: write error: No space left on device Error writing to /etc/httpd/conf.d/zz010_psa_httpd.conf.2xYdsV .

Thanks , I am trying to put an offline message on the website so I can run the migrator. I assume that because /dev/md1 has 0% space, that I am getting the following error. I need help understanding how to clear out files on /dev/md1.

New configuration files for the Apache web server were not created due to the errors in configuration templates: cat: write error: No space left on device Error writing to /etc/httpd/conf.d/zz010_psa_httpd.conf.2xYdsV .
I figured it out, used the LS command on the root and found some stuff to delete. I am going to close this thread and thanks so much for everyone's help.

Back