• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Error while adding new domain hosting

J

JibranK

Hello there!

When I try to add new domain hosting then this error shows:

Error: Unable to update hosting preferences: Unable to create directories: vhostmng failed: Unknown error 0xE06D7363 (COM Error E06D7363) at execute console command --install-vhost

in windows event manager Detail error is:
Event Type: Error
Event Source: vhostmng.exe
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1
Date: 11/1/2009
Time: 6:39:00 AM
User: N/A
Computer: C31020-115216
Description:
Unknown error 0xE06D7363 (COM Error E06D7363) at execute console command --install-vhost
at (vconsoleapp::start line 129)
at execute "C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\/admin/bin/vhostmng" --install-vhost "--vhost-name=abc.com" "--user-name=abcd" --set-content-permissions(vconsoleapp::run line 140)
Execute file name: C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin\vhostmng.exe

every thing is OK.
is there any permission error as due to windows security updates or any thing else. I have remove any windows updates. disable antivirus.

but nothing solved my issue.

please help me.

I have to give demo to one of my client.

Thanking in advance

Regards
Jibran

Basically, 'psacln' group and 'psaadm' account should have enough permissions to read&execute&write in %plesk_vhosts% folder. It is better to use Process Monitor utility to detect lack of permissions; highlight it with 'access denied' and start monitoring; then try to crete domain and monitor the process in Process Monitor tool:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx

Back