• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Error while trying to use Let's encrypt on domain alias

KarlmitC

New Pleskian
Hello everyone,

I just updated the Let's encrypt extension and wanted to secure the domain alias for a domain.
I selected the specific alias and clicked on the "Renew"-Button.
But all i got was the following error:
Code:
 Let's Encrypt SSL certificate installation failed: Install certificate failure: Unable to set certificate name :
It would be great if anybody could help me solving this issue.

Hi KarlmitC,

you might know, that Let's Encrypt places it's log files at "/var/log/letsencrypt" and "/usr/local/psa/var/modules/letsencrypt/logs". Consider to inspect the log - files or/and attach them to your thread, so that people willing to help you have something to start with their investigations.

I think you want to go to the main domain (that the aliases point to) and set the Let's Encrypt settings in there. There should be a setting to add the aliases to the main domain's certificate, then renew it right there to secure them.

I already looked into those directories and unfortunately there aren't any logs for this date.

I think you want to go to the main domain (that the aliases point to) and set the Let's Encrypt settings in there. There should be a setting to add the aliases to the main domain's certificate, then renew it right there to secure them.
I did exactly that.

After trying to set this up now multiple time it seems like I reached the maximum of certificates issued in a specific time span.
So it looks like it is issuing the certificates but not assigning them to the domains.

Back