• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Error with SSL certificates

KarlmitC

New Pleskian
Hello everyone,

After the last Let's Encrypt update I already had some issues but after some tweaking it worked in the end.
But now I have the problem that all my certificates are gone and that I can't assign any new ones using Let's Encrypt. Even the default certificates are gone.
I tried to run the repair tool and got the following error:
Code:
 Inconsistency in the table 'IP_Addresses' for the column
  ssl_certificate_id: No rows in the table 'certificates' with  = 1 . [ERROR]
    Creating a database dump ........................................ [OK]
    A dump of the database was created before an attempt to repair the database:                                                                                                                                                              /var/lib/psa/dumps/mysql.preresolve.20170403-200911.dump.gz
    Assigning the default SSL/TLS certificate to the IP address ..... [FAILED]
    - Unable to find row with id 1 in certificates table.

Additionally all of my domains are suddenly offline saying that the connection was closed unexpectedly.
Does anybody now how to resolve that and make SSL certificates work again?

Last edited:
Hi KarlmitC,

Error: Let's Encrypt SSL certificate installation failed: Install certificate failure: Unable to set certificate name :
This indicates issues with your Plesk Let's Encrypt extension. Consider to re-install the extension and see if this already solves your issue(s).

Another possible root cause could be an unfinished update/upgrade/patch process, which you could solve with:

plesk installer --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --install-component base
plesk installer --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --upgrade-installed-components

@KarlmitC Yes, it looks like that this orphaned database inconsistency still there.
I would suggest you try solution from the mentioned github article. Contact Plesk Support if it does not help.

@KarlmitC Yes, it looks like that this orphaned database inconsistency still there.
I would suggest you try solution from the mentioned github article. Contact Plesk Support if it does not help.
I tried the way described in that Github article but I don't have any entries with a NULL value.

So I guess I have to contact the support.

I tried the way described in that Github article but I don't have any entries with a NULL value.

So I guess I have to contact the support.

@KarlmitC

It is not necessary to have NULL values, the Github article also provides solid suggestions for other scenario´s.

I have "translated" the Github article to some form of a manual, with all the steps that you can or should follow.

Please have a look at: Resolved - Solutions for recent Let´s Encrypt issues

I am pretty sure that you will be able to remove the problematic certificates and re-install them (manually) afterwards. Do not forget to update the Let´s Encrypt extension!

Regards.....

After that error is resolved I just have the question whether or not it is possible to also assign certificates to the subdomains of a domain alias. I didn't find that option yet and it seems like it isn't done automatically when issuing a certificate to the alias.

After that error is resolved I just have the question whether or not it is possible to also assign certificates to the subdomains of a domain alias. I didn't find that option yet and it seems like it isn't done automatically when issuing a certificate to the alias.

@KarlmitC

I have seen this question before and, in my humble opinion, it is a valid question that has some history.

The history is that (on the one hand) it is (still) not possible via the Plesk Panel GUI and (on the other hand) it should be possible (to some extent) via the CLI.

The CLI option is rather theoretical, in the sense that I did not test that.

However, it can be expected that the CLI option does work, but it can also be expected that some issues will arise with the certificates that are assigned to the (sub- or) domain that the alias has been set for.

In essence, the before mentioned issues are not impeding an assignment of certificates to the alias(es), but troubles will occur at renewal.

In short, I would not recommend this CLI option, for the sake of convenience.

Hope the above helps a bit.

Regards!

Back