• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Errors after updating DNS settings

H.W.B

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.56
Hello,
When i alter the DNS settings for a domain i got the following errors in the panel error log.

[15-Oct-2023 12:30:15 Europe/Amsterdam] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught PleskMultipleException: Error during <domain> updateZone: dnsmng failed: in /opt/psa/admin/plib/Service/Dns/Connector/Plesk.php:14
Stack trace:
#0 /opt/psa/admin/plib/Service/Dns/Connector/Proxy.php(215): Service_Dns_Connector_Plesk->commitChanges()
#1 [internal function]: Service_Dns_Connector_Proxy->commitChanges()
#2 {main}
thrown in /opt/psa/admin/plib/Service/Dns/Connector/Plesk.php on line 14
[2023-10-15 12:30:17.759] 2592285:652bbf39ac37a ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed ['/opt/psa/admin/bin/dnsmng' '--update' '<domain>'] with exit code [1]
[2023-10-15 12:30:17.759] 2592285:652bbf39ac37a ERR [panel] '/opt/psa/admin/bin/dnsmng' '--update' '<domain>' failed with code 1.

When i check the DNS (with diagnose and repair) no error ar given.
When i check the dns settings for the domain, everything looks fine.

This error is shown for every domain i alter the DNS.
Is this a bug???

Henk

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @H.W.B., I tried to reproduce this on Ubuntu 22. I changed one A record of an existing domain, but the error was not logged here. Could you please provide more details what steps I should follow to reproduce the error log entry?

Hello Peter,
I added 4 DS records to domains for the DNSSEC.
That is what i did and the errors shows for every domain i alter.
Henk

Thank you for the details. I spun up another Ubuntu 22 instance, got the DNSSEC extension on it and added a DS record to a domain. Then I altered the key. Yet I was not able to reproduce the error. In this case it will be best to open a support ticket, because this seems to be an individual issue on your server. Support staff will be happy to investigate it directly on your server.

Hi,
I have exactly the same issue after activating DNSSEC for a domain. I'm running the latest Plesk version on Ubuntu 22

[2023-10-27 13:11:19.313] 355939:653b9ad74c01b ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed ['/opt/psa/admin/bin/dnsmng' '--update' 'example-domain.com' '--without-reverse'] with exit code [1]

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught PleskMultipleException: Error during example-domain.com updateZone: dnsmng failed: in /opt/psa/admin/plib/Service/Dns/Connector/Plesk.php:14

Stack trace:

#0 /opt/psa/admin/plib/Service/Dns/Connector/Proxy.php(215): Service_Dns_Connector_Plesk->commitChanges()

#1 [internal function]: Service_Dns_Connector_Proxy->commitChanges()

#2 {main}

thrown in /opt/psa/admin/plib/Service/Dns/Connector/Plesk.php on line 14
exit status 255

Hopefully there is any solution available
Best regards to all
Oskar

Until I get a solution I had to delete the DNSSEC extension because at the same time my dns server stopped zone propagation. After deleting everything turned to normal again.
I have now two server with same issue. I don't think it is a individual problem.

I have excatly the same problem. This topic says resolved but is there a posibillietie to post the solution here or link to the solution?

Hi @Rik_S
I did not received from support any response to my problem. At the end I deleted the DNSSEC to get rid of this issue. I never tried DNSSEC again, so I can not tell you if meantime it is resolved via plesk update.

I'm experiencing exact the same problem with a customer's server when trying to attach the Lets Encrypt Cert to the mail services of a specific domain (might be 2 domains affected, out of more than 50 working fine). I even deactivated the DNS service for that domain and did a plesk repair web and mail, but nothing works. DNSSEC is not installed, not yet sure, whether it was installed ever in the past (curently trying to find out).

The error is thrown when a new LE cert is issued and directly assigned to the mail services of that domain, or when running plesk repair mail <DOMAIN>, after
Error messages: 0; Warning: 0; Errors resolved: 0;
<Timestamp> <some:ID> [util_exec] proc_close() failed [*usr/local/psa/admin/bin/dnsmng' '--update' '<DOMAIN>'...]...

is followed, but instead of
Stack trace:
#0 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Service/Dns/Connectos/Proxy.php(215): Service_Dns_Connector_Plesk->commitChanges()

it is in my case
#0 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Service/Dns/Connectos/Proxy.php(207): Service_Dns_Connector_Plesk->commitChanges()

I'll forward that problem to our server admins, curious if they get that fixxed by themselves or need to contact the Plesk team ;)

Back