• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Errors on Event Viewer

S

softpac2000

I keep seeing this errors showing up on the Event Viewer / Under Application:

set maximum stack size to 0: not implemented
set maximum data size to 0: not implemented
set maximum core size to 0: not implemented
set maximum open files to 0: not implemented

I am using Windows Server 2003 Standard

does anyone have an idea what's causing this errors? :confused:

Ricardo...

Hi,

I suspect something is already bound to port 53 for UDP. Check the status using netstat -an

Regards,

Bright:)

Ok! Here is the scoop!
I found this on the BIND 9 manual (DNS)

6.2.14.7. Operating System Resource Limits
The server's usage of many system resources can be limited. Scaled values are allowed when specifying resource limits. For example, 1G can be used instead of 1073741824 to specify a limit of one gigabyte. unlimited requests unlimited use, or the maximum available amount. default uses the limit that was in force when the server was started. See the description of size_spec in Section 6.1.

The following options set operating system resource limits for the name server process. Some operating systems don't support some or any of the limits. On such systems, a warning will be issued if the unsupported limit is used.

coresize
The maximum size of a core dump. The default is default.

datasize
The maximum amount of data memory the server may use. The default is default. This is a hard limit on server memory usage. If the server attempts to allocate memory in excess of this limit, the allocation will fail, which may in turn leave the server unable to perform DNS service. Therefore, this option is rarely useful as a way of limiting the amount of memory used by the server, but it can be used to raise an operating system data size limit that is too small by default. If you wish to limit the amount of memory used by the server, use the max-cache-size and recursive-clients options instead.

files
The maximum number of files the server may have open concurrently. The default is unlimited.

stacksize
The maximum amount of stack memory the server may use. The default is default.

Hope this helps!
Ricardo...:cool:

Back