1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Errors with Remote Database

Discussion in 'Plesk 11.x for Linux' started by rasolis, Jan 4, 2013.

1. rasolis

rasolis New Pleskian

I set up a remote MYSQL database - it's got only MYSQL installed.

Finally got the Plesk and Remote MYSQL on to connect. I can access everything via PHPMyadmin, via SSH, etc..

However...

1) When installing WordPress w/ remote DBS as default, it fails to complete the installation and gives the following error message:

From there the Plesk and remote db connection is deactivated, and I have to login back in via Plesk.

2) Tried to add a database, using the Plesk to create a new database under a domain, I can create a database but get the error,

So after creating the database in #2, it logs off ?

I'm not sure, because I've checked with our provider, double checked my work against their Knowledgebase and it's pretty simple to build a mysql db on ubuntu.

Any advise? Solutiosn?

Thanks,
    Anthony

2. rasolis

rasolis New Pleskian

I tried again and I can create databases all day long on the remote database. But whenever I attempt to create a database user, it errors out indicating we don't have privileges. Then the connection to the remote db is disconnected (logged out).

I noticed that if I create a user (we have append username in this case "admin"), in the error message it has the user listed as "admin\_usertest1" - should that backlash be there?

Thanks.

Anthony