• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Errors with Remote Database

rasolis

New Pleskian
I set up a remote MYSQL database - it's got only MYSQL installed.

Finally got the Plesk and Remote MYSQL on to connect. I can access everything via PHPMyadmin, via SSH, etc..

However...

1) When installing WordPress w/ remote DBS as default, it fails to complete the installation and gives the following error message:

Error: Installation of WordPress at http://xxxxx.com/ failed. Failed to create database user databaseuser

From there the Plesk and remote db connection is deactivated, and I have to login back in via Plesk.

2) Tried to add a database, using the Plesk to create a new database under a domain, I can create a database but get the error,

Error: Connection to the database server has failed because the supplied account does not possess administrative privileges: Access denied for user 'xxxx'@'64.207.187.53' to database 'xxxxxx'

So after creating the database in #2, it logs off ?

I'm not sure, because I've checked with our provider, double checked my work against their Knowledgebase and it's pretty simple to build a mysql db on ubuntu.

Any advise? Solutiosn?

Thanks,
Anthony

I tried again and I can create databases all day long on the remote database. But whenever I attempt to create a database user, it errors out indicating we don't have privileges. Then the connection to the remote db is disconnected (logged out).

I noticed that if I create a user (we have append username in this case "admin"), in the error message it has the user listed as "admin\_usertest1" - should that backlash be there?

Thanks.

Anthony

Back