• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Event Handler for DNS enable/disable

EdwardG

New Pleskian
We're looking to understand if an event can be generated when the user turns off (or on) DNS services for a domain.

Plesk versions for this question 9.5, 10.x and especially 10.4.4, which seems to have some new events.

We have a secondary name server for each of our domains, and some automation around it, and we have some issues when the domain needs to be moved from one server to another.

This is certainly a feature I'd need to see, too, in the panel cause we rely heavily on the event handlers to manage our DNS/SMTP infrastructure. At the moment, as far as I know, there is no event handler hooked with switching DNS on/off for a zone. Looking to 10.4.4 I see several "DNS zone updated" which, according to http://mirror.proserve.nl/plesk/Ple...inistrator-guide/index.htm?fileName=67897.htm don't actually give any hint on the "on/off" DNS service status for a domain. One workaround would be to use the existing "DNS zone updated" event(s) and to poll the on/off zone status in the psa database for OLD_DOMAIN_NAME which is ugly but may work. Ideally Plesk would export another parameter pair, as in:
Param. name and description | Previously used value | new value
Domain status | OLD_DOMAIN_STATUS | NEW_DOMAIN_STATUS
This is just a proposal, the actual design & implementation spec may differ.

Back