• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Exception: Failed to solve dependencies:

Nick ter Horst

New Pleskian
I am trying to upgrade to Plesk Onyx on one of our servers. On 1 server we get an error while trying to upgrade:

Exception: Failed to solve dependencies:
psa-mail-driver-common-17.0.17-cos6.build1700161110.19.x86_64 requires libopendkim.so.10()(64bit)
Error: The Yum utility failed to install the required packages.
Attention! Your software might be inoperable.
Please contact product technical support.

I already tried to remove libopenkim package en reinstall again but no succes...

I also get a priority protection warning: 437 packages excluded due to repository priority protections

Hope you guys can help me out here ;)

Hi Nick ter Horst,

I also get a priority protection warning: 437 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
pls. see the official documentation: => https://wiki.centos.org/PackageManagement/Yum/Priorities

As you can see at section 6 in that documentation, you are able to list priority scores with for example:
Code:
sed -n -e "/^\[/h; /priority *=/{ G; s/\n/ /; s/ity=/ity = /; p }" /etc/yum.repos.d/*.repo | sort -k3n

Consider to switch off the "priorities plugin" at "/etc/yum/pluginconf.d/priorities.conf", to avoid such issues, or setup the Plesk repo to a higher level!
Code:
[main]
enabled = 0

Back