• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Exception on creation of Subdomain on Parent Domain that's a Fowarder

DECEiFER

New Pleskian
Hi all,

My first post here and I'm not anywhere near an expert at *nix or Plesk. That said, I am running Onyx on a few Virtuozzo containers with the same provider.

The problem is, when I create a subdomain on a parent domain that is set up as a forward, I get an exception in Plesk Onyx.

Code:
Internal error ;-P ERROR: Exception: Dependent row(s) 'Hosting.dom_id = 28' isn't found for 'domains.id = 28'. (Abstract.php:301)

Search for related Knowledge Base articles

plesk_subdomain_error_parent_domain_forwarding.jpg

Thing is, it still lets me proceed but me being a nitpicker, I would like to find out why this is happening. I am running Plesk Onyx on Ubuntu 16.04 and it's a fresh install as of yesterday.

I have another VPS that runs Plesk Onyx on Ubuntu 14.04 and it was upgraded from Plesk 12.5. Same subscriptions and domains (in-fact, Plesk Onyx on 16.04 was restored from a Plesk backup on 14.04 so the domains and subscriptions are the same - just the IDs are different, is all). However, the exception doesn't show up there.

I have run the repair tool on the CLI. I have also checked the "Webserver Configurations Troubleshooter." I have even deleted the subdomain and parent domain and readded them. One thing I noticed when peeking into the PSA database, the cols are different in the various applicable tables in the Onyx on 14.04 vs 16.04. Is that by design, or due to the fact that one was upgraded from 12.5?

Any and all input is appreciated, so thank you in advance.

- D

I have run the repair tool on the CLI.
Do you mean "plesk repair db"? It really looks like database inconsistency. If repair doesn't help I can only recommend to create a request to Plesk support team to do in-depth investigation to find the reason and to fix it.

Hi. Thank you for the reply. I did:

plesk repair all -y -verbose

Apart from some file permission errors, everything checked out. Database consistencies that showed up in "Webserver Configurations Troubleshooter" were taken care of as well but the issue remains. It's not a show-stopper as despite the exception popping up as above, it still lets me create the subdomain. But it's troubling all the same and I'd like to get to the bottom of it, if at all possible.

I can't contact Plesk support because my key is from my provider (the Plesk website rejected my advances in an attempt to contact them directly), so I have contacted my provider as well to investigate it as advised, and created an account for them to log in to check it out. I'll keep you posted!

Still nothing on this yet. My provider hasn't found any leads that I hadn't already thought of, yet. I should have mentioned as well that the dom_id for the connect-v.com domain is not present in the old system's `hosting`table either, and yet, it doesn't show an exception. Both, again, are running the same version of Plesk. While the databases are different, as I mentioned, it's just the ordering of the columns in the structure that's different, but otherwise the tables are the same as both are running the same version and build of Plesk.

If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears. In the meantime, I'll continue to investigate it.

Back