• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question Exclude IP Adress in Nginx Webserver

Pamibo

New Pleskian
Hello,
how can I teach the Nginx web server under Plesk Onyx to exclude the IP adress for example 1.2.3.1-1.2.3.255?
Where do I have to enter the IPs to be blocked?
Thanks for help
Paul

I am not sure if I fully understand your question. Do you want to block IP addresses and IP ranges to access your websites/server?

Yes, thats what I want. To block adresses from China Bots or US Bots for example.
I had a lot of them blocked with htaccess, but now I need to use Nginx and want to do the same

Instead of using Nginx you are probably better off using the Plesk Firewall. You can find the Plesk Firewall under Tools & Settings > Security.plesk.png

Also do you have fail2ban running on your server? Fail2ban automatically bans IP address that try to brute force attack your server. A really useful tool! More info on: Protection Against Brute Force Attacks (Fail2Ban)

Back