• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Exclude log directories from files size count

M

Michael Andrews

Our log directories are getting rather large and I'm wondering if there's any way to exclude a folder from the directory size that Plesk keeps track of. Basically, sites are getting shut down because they are exceeding the file size limit, but 30M of that is in the logs folder and I don't want that to count against them.

There are a couple of things you can do.

1. Go into Server Settings in Plesk and unselect 'log files' . Log files won't be used for disk space calculation

2. Go to 'domain' > Log Manager > Log Rotation and limit the logs to daily or size and set a limit to the number of logs they can have. Maybe something less then 10. You can also compress log files to save disk space. This can also be set from Domain Templates

Thanks for the reply, if I disable log files, will that screw with smarter stats though?

You're not disabling logs its just disabling the logs from being calculated in the domains disk space.

Back