• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Exclude log files of a domain from protocol viewer

GwenDragon

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 11.4
Plesk version and microupdate number
My domains's older log files (Apache error, access, ssl_access) are rotated and afterwards encrypted by GnuPG daily (at 06:00 local time) for privacy.

But unfortunately Plesk Obsidian's does display such binary-coded logs.main's protocol viewer tries to list these and shows binary garbage.
Screenshot 2022-11-22 121611.png

And i checked the log files from /var/www/vhosts/system/DOMAIN.TLD/ they do not have broken content.
I guess the protocol viewer tries to parse the gpg files!

compress related part of /opt/psa/etc/logrotate.conf
Code:
# ---- encrypt saved logs ------------------------------------
shred
compress
compresscmd /usr/bin/gpg
compressoptions --always-trust --encrypt --recipient [email protected]
compressext .gpg
# ---- encrypt saved logs ------------------------------------

An other problem in protocol view is it accesses current access_ssl_log and shows garbage at end of log, at the time the viewer shows the file!
Same happens after Reload button in protocol viewer was hit to get actual results.

Code:
2022-11-22 12:51:15    Access    =O{s'?R1???VM?k?G?oc?j?6ue??*??<??Ǧp????{???R?>?|;*?ꆚ?r?p?Sgȶ??_?A?G???0?Y8???Ɲ??~?Z?    [ʱ??[?g?q??[?\?%?a???dҀ???q=?Ȝ?e??? ??g?ڟ?????O?P??e??U???J??f?????ݠ?C?h?Vݶ3!??M?g\?IOZϦ?%TqD??5پ???a?e8s;rU????A?ᶷ??WQ?s?d0Y??    ??i?We?U?Rev:??R??Z?D?$\??}?{r?bB?4?L?1,????_???M?L<wAl?߮?-???????.?L???S??????ԋaw?1????ki?N?????n?*?3g??겪??2?̀?S`?p?g^??hc?K??M??J????w)Qk}??%.??G??OJ??zx??    ??    ?%??r~?_Z?8    ??3??J?m;??]v]???Y?8??HP??!???????4ŝl???;??ZF??jWu]M??U??L4?81???Ɓr?}??%l??L@??/I??h??j?Cl?    *?3%??3Lߎ{t??cY?8?g?;???-?ǟ?D?H?U??)???X>/:???#чZ??c?W_????,??Z3??9Z??????GA????SE+???"?C???ul?~E?Β??!?C??'m!????-???L?Ȉ8?U??=L????8'??aʈo?@??q?Ș%)?r?8?;ׇ۝ŵ??g?٤?*???B??????(?+???X?}?͈,#J\???p?c�j_e??P?G??Ú???Ԝh?'?@NS??v:NvZ6bŊ?oM?\??_??Lݎ?????g?-??Y?S!?HbVԕ??"????O͖qv^?o^LOB??f2
T??w??r???    0

But the file access_ssl_log does not contain a log entry. Seems to be a bug in viewer.

If your encrypted log files are named as such, it is a reasonable choice of the log viewer to try to display their content. Have you tried to rename the encrypted files or better move them into another directory so that the log viewer does not think the files are to be processed?

Have you tried to rename the encrypted files or better move them into another directory so that the log viewer does not think the files are to be processed?
I tried this now for one domain and that solves display issue if protocol viewer.
OK, i have to change Plesk's logrotate configs to get rid of such issues.

Moving the encrypted log files is not a solution in my case. Too many domains.
Logrotation is needed, fir the log files and the encrypted log files.

A better way for Plesk Obsidian should be to add a feature excluding some filename by regex from protocol viewer.
How can this issue be sent to developers?

Back