• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Exclude subdirs (owncloud) from a site backup

Rafael_Cresci

New Pleskian
Hello,

I have an issue that is bugging me:

Customer has a website which is backed up daily.
Problem is that the backup and tarballing takes too long as some of his subdirectories have many huge static files. They are running under owncloud.

I would like to keep Plesk doing the daily backups for all of the websites (metadata, HTML, SQL databases), but I would also like it to NOT include the owncloud specific directories with static files since these will be backed up directly by JungleDisk client. This way I would save a duplicate or triplicate usage on JungleDisk as I set the backups on Plesk to retain for 2 days. The owncloud files then would be backed up only once and JD itself would take care of the versioning, instead of having multiple huge tarballs concentrated with the daily backups of everything.

Is there a way I can achieve this, i.e., making Plesk not backing up specific (sub-)directories or even file extensions?

Back