• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Exclusive IP issue with default Plesk page

G

greyboy

Hello,

I realize this topic has been discussed before and I've spent the last two hours searching for an answer, but I don't see anything that solves the particular issue we have.

First off, the situation: A large site was initially assigned to a shared IP but was later changed to be the default domain for an exclusive IP. However, some users are seeing the default Plesk page when accessing the site using the IP address. My coworkers and I all see the website as expected and we are geographically dispersed.

I've checked that the domain is set as Default for the Client/Server in Plesk, and it's been set. The correct IP is listed in the domains httpd.include file. All other files appear to have the appropiate entries as well.

I'm not very experienced with Plesk and I'm unsure how the exclusive IP works. Does it simply forward and traffic from the IP to the www.domain.com site? If so, it's definitely not a DNS issue as the users are going to the new server (the old server is still live, plus, the old server is a cPanel administered box).

Please let me know any suggestions I might try.

Thanks for your time.

-N

I find it hard to believe that this question has been posted here for four years and no one has replied. We are having the same issue. ...Anyone??

I don't see how it is possible for people accessing a site by IP to see different things unless (very unlikely) they have a stale cache in their browser of what was on that IP before apache was restarted and started serving the right site. I know it is dumb, but did they do the old CTRL-F5 thing just in case?

I'd have a look in httpd.conf for references to the exclusive ip. make sure everything "looks" right for it and matches what you see for another exclusive IP.

Also it might be a good idea to ask the users who see the holding page to ping the ip. Is the address that answers the correct IP? I don't see how it wouldn't be, but this would be something I'd try, just to add to the diagnostic mix.

I know this is all very generic and not that helpful - sorry.

Faris.

Back