• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Resolved Execute cronjob as system user?

hillcow

New Pleskian
Please help me understand system users in Plesk. The system user of my website is called "Frankenstein". In the file manager I can see that the folders have permissions set for Frankenstein and the group "psacln". Now the problem is that I need to have a cronjob that is executed by Frankenstein, because this cronjob is creating files in this directory and if it's created by the root user I run into permission errors. However, I cannot figure out how to add a cronjob as "Frankenstein" or "psacln", both are not in my list (logged into Plesk as root).
How do I run a cronjob as a system user? Thanks!

Also, I use PHP-FPM. Who is the user that executes the code? It's the system user right?

PHP-FPM runs your scripts as the subscription owner (=in your words "system user").

A cronjob created from within a subscription is executed using the permissions of the subscription owner. A cronjob created in your admin login runs as root by default, but here you can select a different user, too.

Okay, I finally found the solution. The only way to create a cronjob as a system user is to use the search function. The UI has no other way to find this second "Scheduler" page, which is, like you said, within a subscription. This is really really bad UX. Or - possibly I'm too stupid :D

PHP-FPM runs your scripts as the subscription owner (=in your words "system user").

A cronjob created from within a subscription is executed using the permissions of the subscription owner. A cronjob created in your admin login runs as root by default, but here you can select a different user, too.

I have the same problem. Which user is the "system user"? I can't find the domain-user.

1652524698536.jpg

Apparently are settings in Tools$Setting>>cronjobs only for plesk himself? The solution is to add a cronjob by domain. Unfortunately, shows domain-cronjobs options for each domain only in dynamic view.

close close

Back