• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Extension manager: Permission denied

Daniel Castilla

New Pleskian
Hello,

for some time, the menu for Plesk's extensions has disappeared. If I try to enter it directly in the URL of "modules / catalog" I get the error message "Permission denied". I tried a plesk repair, restarted the server, installed the latest updates, all to no avail. I do not know what else I could try ... do you have an idea?

I don't know if it's relevant, but if I'm running command line "plesk bin extension" and install an extension, I cannot access the new extension on the Plesk Panel. It is displayed to me through the search, but I get the same error message "Permission denied". Old already installed extensions are accessible. I guess something is wrong with the (admin) user permissions after one of the last updates.

I attached a debug of plesk, but there isn't much I can work with.

The current version is Plesk Onyx 17.8.11 Update No. 41

Attachments

• debug.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 2
Make sure that Extensions checkbox is ticked in Tools & Settings > Custom View Settings

I don't know why, but this checkbox was nowhere to be found, there were some other things missing too, which I didn't notice. So we checked the plesk database and we found a strange behaviour with the custom view for admin and fixed it, this resolved the problem. Thanks for the advice!

I don't know why, but this checkbox was nowhere to be found, there were some other things missing too, which I didn't notice. So we checked the plesk database and we found a strange behaviour with the custom view for admin and fixed it, this resolved the problem. Thanks for the advice!
I am having the same problem, but in your reply you don't state how you ACTUALLY solved it :D

Back