1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

External Email Clients Can't Authenticate After Upgrade to 10.4.4

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by RobbieL, Nov 22, 2011.

1. RobbieL

RobbieL New Pleskian

I just upgraded from (I think) 10.2 to 10.4.4, and now no external email client will authenticate with the mail server. I've tried things from changing settings to things that don't make sense, restarting the server, playing around with user permissions and many other things.

Webmail still works though which is the odd thing.

Can you please guide me as to where I should go from here as it's rather doing my head in!

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
  3. RobbieL

RobbieL New Pleskian

So if that is the case, how long until I can use emails again? I know it's hard to judge the release timeline but yeah...

4. RobbieL

RobbieL New Pleskian

Just an update, after further testing I've found it is the issue you've linked to so I've been able to change it around a bit, thanks!