• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

External Name Servers

64bithost.com

Regular Pleskian
Currently I am running the PLESK set of nameservers, the ones that you set up to begin with and I want to switch to external Name Servers for better reliability. This way if I have to reboot my HSPC the domains do not go off line for a few minutes (customers tend to hate that :( )

So in an effort to have better reliability I want to switch to external name servers but I do not know how. Are external name servers treated as dedicated name servers and then what do you do to set them up? if anyone has a clue please post here so I can find out.

Chris
-64bithost.com

Are you using hspc?
What os would you be putting the name servers on?

You might look into 4PSA DNS Manager which will spread your name servers to geographically dispersed NS's. If you are using HSPC though, i believe they have distributed DNS capabilities.

Cheers

Jason

Plesk itself also has a centralized DNS capability, I believe you go into the Plesk as admin and create a Master Server and then you set up the domains to use that master server as the primary DNS, then you can setup a slave somewhere. You should put both the master and slave on dedicated machines that are external to plesk web servers imo.

HSPc DNS

In this case, where you want the ability to Reboot the actual hardware node that HSPC(PBA-Standard) resides as well as maybe one or both of your Nameservers, you would relocate your Nameservers, either the primary, NS1 or both to other Virtuozzo Container nodes. That way, they remain up and in operation while the PBA-S is rebooting, your nameservers are still providing their services. All the other options are find if you do not have PBA which synces its information from Plesk DNS. Using external DNS servers removes all your dns automation.

Back