• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Extremely Slow Search Bar - Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.29 Update #2

SDGPete

New Pleskian
This has been posted in Obsidian Linux and marked as resolved but whatever fix was made (if it works) hasn't been made available to Windows.

The search bar is extremely slow and it's been scripted so that when the bar loses focus the search is cancelled so you literally have to wait and cannot get on with anything else whilst you wait.

The search which used to be in the left hand column was fantastic, whatever has been done since it's been made horizontal across the top has made it unusable.

This isn't hardware related either, we have multiple dedicated servers (not cloud/virtual) and it's the same.

This has been the same in all versions of Obsidian to date.

I am using Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.29 Update #2 , the search bar is too slow. Any update for this?

@IgorG

All due respect but I've posted this on uservoice and got told to post it here (by IG, guessing that was yourself), I've posted it here and now being told to post it elsewhere. Surely a mod can just move it to a different topic area? I think I've jumped through enough hoops already to make Plesk aware of this ;)

There is enough information in my post to look into this and if it helps:

2 Servers with the following

Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
Product
Plesk Obsidian
Version 18.0.29 Update #3, last updated on Sept 1, 2020 01:59 AM

One has 344 Subscriptions and the other has 203, when these machines were running Onyx this issue wasn't present and the search was instant.

I did attempt to press the Submit Report button but I get this returned....

Oops! We ran into some problems.
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

I did attempt to press the Submit Report button but I get this returned....

Oops! We ran into some problems.
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.
To send a report in the corresponding section of the forum, a threshold of five useful posts from the user has been introduced. As I see, you only have two posts now.

3 posts now ;) Well I shall leave this in your capable hands Igor.

5 useful posts to submit a bug report on a product we pay for is a another hoop I'm not prepared to jump through. I've helped out enough over the years via a different account (PeteSDG)

Back