• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FAIL - Backup security settings

NikolayA

New Pleskian
Hi all,
I have some bug.
I set password for backup in Tools & Settings - Backup Manager - FTP Storage Settings
but this password don't implemented for backup.
Backups makes fine, but nothing passwords on it.
This is strange.

Also i have same bug for domains backup features.

This feature means that content of backup will be crypted but not that backup will be protected by the password. Not all backup content is crypted, but only critical data, passwords, logins, etc. for example.
The password will be requested for restoring this crypted content of backup.

Igor,
Unfortunately you not right.
Just now i did checking for domain backup from this night.
No files with protection.

I think this is bug.
Version Plesk 12.5.30

What do you mean and what do you expect? Where is bug?
I was extract all archives - nobody ask password.
Please explain with samples - which files and directories archiving with password protection.

Also i'm requesting add feature with full cover password for backups.

Please explain with samples - which files and directories archiving with password protection.
In your archive you can open xml file like backup_*_info_*.xml and check passwords there. They will be encrypted.

In your archive you can open xml file like backup_*_info_*.xml and check passwords there. They will be encrypted.
This is insufficient.
Why you don't use ccrypt for encrypting all archives on the fly?
Your approach don't cover passwords from config files for CMS such as Wordpress, Joomla!, Drupal, phpBB etc.

Back