• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Fail to Upgrade WPB 11.5.13 to WPB 12

ccto

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

We have Web Presence Builder 11.5.13 (standalone) servers running on CentOS 6.5 x64 inside OpenVZ (host: CentOS 6.5 x64) container.

We cloned the VE, moved to another OpenVZ (host: CentOS 6.5 x64) server for upgrade testing.
We ordered a new separate WPB license key for testing server, updated the license key, updated apache config manually, and updated /usr/local/sb/config manually for hostname, IP

According to the documentation (p.18 of http://download1.parallels.com/WPB/...ndalone-installation-administration-guide.pdf)
We update /etc/yum.repos.d/pa4wp.repo file, change the URL from 11.5 to 12.0
and run - yum install wpb - but finally failed
(I attached yum output for reference)

There are 3 errors inside -

Problem 1 - PHP Warning: chown(): Unable to find uid for psaadm in /usr/local/sb/include/Base/Utils/File.php on line 299

Problem 2 - PHP Warning: chgrp(): Unable to find gid for sw-cp-server in /usr/local/sb/include/Base/Utils/File.php on line 300

Problem 3 - Cannot connect to MySQL database (for its upgrade process)

--

I manually tested to connect MySQL database , it is OK to connect (using the original /usr/local/sb/config (before upgrade) information)

I tried to updatedb/locate the file - psaadm , sw-cp-server. Both file are not existed in the server.

Please kindly help.

Attachments

• yum.txt
    16.2 KB · Views: 3
Sorry, I fixed the problem.

I restored the VE, removed those # inside /usr/local/sb/config , and start the yum install wpb
It seems it upgraded successfully.

Comments starting with '#' are deprecated in /usr/local/sb/config.bkp on line 25

Back