• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Fail2ban: log download error

omexlu

Regular Pleskian
Hello,

If i download the log via GUI i receive a file with the content:
copy_file: System Error: invalid file paths in /opt/psa/admin/bin/copy_file: /var/log/fail2ban.log -

How can i fix that? :)

Thanks

Hi omexlu,

the Plesk documentation is very easy to understand and describes ALL possible options, which you can use in combination with the command "plesk repair ... ".

It really doesn't make much sense to re-write the documentation in the forum, only because you don't seem to like the idea to read the docs. :(

Hi omexlu,

and can here be come to troubles?
You seem to to misunderstand the "Plesk Repair Utility" a bit, I suppose. This tool is designed to investigate possible issues/errors/problems and misconfigurations and it will certainly NEVER break anything, it REPAIRS issues/errors/problems and misconfigurations to Plesk-standarts. ;)

... and YES ( hurrayyy ^^ ), you found the correct options. :)
plesk repair fs

Some small additional informations ( which are as well in the official documentation, but most people don't seem to like reading... :p )
All "plesk repair" - processes can be run with the additional options

JUST investigate and DON'T repair anything:
Code:
-n

Use a VERBOSE output of the command ( which helps to get MORE informations ):
Code:
-v

... and finally, you are as well able to use the additional option to answer all possible questions with YES! Please repair that!:
Code:
-y

Hi omexlu,

So that is not the problem
Well... unfortunately, the Plesk Repair Utility can't repair all misconfigurations... but you should always consider to use it in the first place, which can save you a lot of time. ;)

Next step is the INVESTIGATION:

Pls. post the output of:
Code:
ls -lah /var/log/fail2ban.log
... to see the permissions of this file.

... and consider as well the work-around:
  1. Click on the file - name of the desired log - file, to open it with the Plesk - Lob - Browser. It will open a NEW window with the content of the log.
  2. Pls. DOUBLE - CLICK on a part of the log - content and use the keyboard - key - combination "STRG + A", so that ALL content will be marked.
  3. Pls. use the keyboard - key - combination "STRG + C" to COPY all the marked content.
  4. Pls. open a TXT - Editor of your choice and use the keyboard - key - combination "STRG + V", to paste all the copied content to your TXT - Editor.
Pls NOTE: "STRG" is equal to "CTRL" ... some countries just name this key different! ;)

Hi,

the output is:
Code:
-rw------- 1 root root 14M Apr 29 18:51 /var/log/fail2ban.log

That with the copy paste i know :D but this don't solve that problem :)

Hi omexlu,

but this don't solve that problem
a "work-around" is never meant to solve an issue, it should just make sure, that you don't suffer from a possible bug, which should be investigated by the Plesk developpers in order to be corrected! ;)

Hi omexlu,

let's make it short and painless: No correct bug - report = no handing over from Igor to the developpers. :p

Back