• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the current Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Question Fail2Ban settings missing in Obsidian 18.0.48 for Windows

Johan Donne

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Windows Server 2016
Plesk version and microupdate number
Obsidian Web Pro 18.0.48
In 'Tools & Settings', the link for Fail2Ban settings seems to have disappeared.
Does anyone know why (or how to reach those settings)?

Attachments

• Tools & Settings.png
    Tools & Settings.png
    132 KB · Views: 5
Fail2Ban is no longer in the list of components...
Tough it seems to be active: all connections coming from our reverse proxy are refused (In a previous version I whitelisted that IP-address).
Connections from other machines are working.

I would say remove it and reinstall it but i am only experienced with Linux and not windows server (i only just noticed that you are on windows)

Edit: it seems that fail2ban is not available on windows. Thanks Kaspar!

Ok, then I must be mistaken (I remember whitelisting our reverse proxy in Fail2Ban, but that must have been on a Linux-machine).
Still very strange: that plesk server resets all requests coming from the reverse proxy and accepts them from all other machines.
None of the existing firewall rules could explain that behavior...

Back