• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved fail2ban Trusted IP addresses manual adding

Burak Özdemir

New Pleskian
is there a way to enter Trusted IP list to a file in the OS. I loook at the
/etc/fail2ban/jail.conf
and
/etc/fail2ban/fail2ban.conf
files but no the IPs I entered through interface does not exist, so they are not the right files.

I have got lots of IPs to enter, so any workaround for this?

thanks.

Hi Burak Özdemir,

you might know, that you can always use "/etc/fail2ban/jail.local" for unique configurations for Fail2Ban. You could set there:
Code:
[DEFAULT]
ignoreip = XXX.XXX.XXX.XX1 XXX.XXX.XXX.XX2 XXX.XXX.XXX.XX3 XXX.XXX.XXX.XX4
The "ignoreip" are the whitelisted IPs, as for example your server - IP(s) and all possible additional IPs, that you desire to whilelist. IP - ranges can as well being used here, like "XXX.XXX.XXX.X/XX"

Hi Burak Özdemir,

you might know, that you can always use "/etc/fail2ban/jail.local" for unique configurations for Fail2Ban. You could set there:
Code:
[DEFAULT]
ignoreip = XXX.XXX.XXX.XX1 XXX.XXX.XXX.XX2 XXX.XXX.XXX.XX3 XXX.XXX.XXX.XX4
The "ignoreip" are the whitelisted IPs, as for example your server - IP(s) and all possible additional IPs, that you desire to whilelist. IP - ranges can as well being used here, like "XXX.XXX.XXX.X/XX"
will I see those which I enter in "/etc/fail2ban/jail.local" file in the Plesk 'trusted IPs list" in the plesk panel UI ?

Back