• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Failed domain creation: Unable to update domain data: Unable to get record from other

southonet

New Pleskian
Hello,
I get the following error after a recent upgrade to 8.4. Nothing in the knowledgebase helped me out. Any ideas?

ERROR: PleskFatalException

Failed domain creation: Unable to update domain data: Unable to get record from other DNS zone

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/create_domain.php:162

I am quite sure that the update has not completed and exit with an error. Try the autoinstaller and see what happens :)

Hi,

Yes, it is most likely because of failed upgrade but if rpm for 8.4 version has already been registered in system then rerunning autoinstaller won't help here.

Check the version of rpm package :
rpm -q psa (or dpkg -l psa)

and compate it with version of Plesk database by running the following query:
mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` psa -e "select * from misc where param='version';"

If you get multiple version of psa package from first command or if version of psa package does not match version of database then upgrade has failed and what you should do is download Plesk distribution tarball, unpack it and reinstall Plesk base packages (the will be located under dist-..../base/ in unpacked distributive) using rpm -Uvh --force.

Back