• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Failed to fetch: /smb/task/task-progress

Kerrya

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Windows server 2019
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian v18.0.50_build20230207.17 os_Windows 2012/2016/2019/2022
I get this error in my Plesk control panel every couple of minutes.

I can't find any reference to it anywhere. Is anyone familiar with this issue?

Any help appreciated

Attachments

• plesk-error.png
    plesk-error.png
    70.4 KB · Views: 20
Do you have a cronjob anywhere that has been configured to read a file by downloading it from an URL? It may be misconfigured, e.g. trying to read a file directly from localhost instead of opening a web address.

Hi Peter,
This is a fresh install of Plesk web Admin version. No custom jobs have been set up at this point just whatever Plesk does out of the box. I haven't even added any extensions yet.

I went to the CRON jobs and I manually ran them with no error messages, so I'm not sure where this is being generated from.

According to my documentation this is an unknown issue. As it is a fresh Web Admin license you should have 30 days of free support. Please open a ticket with Plesk support so that they can check this issue.

Hi Kerrya,

Did you check what Event Viewer was saying by chance? That's a good starting point to tracking that down. Looking at the scheduled tasks under tools & settings or viewing it from task scheduler is another decent starting place.

Hello,

Well, for whatever reason this issue has gone away. Hopefully for good :)

Thanks for your help

Hello :

My Plesk version is 18.0.50
When I rollback my web site data from Plesk backup
I also get this error in my Plesk control panel ?

Any help appreciated

According to my documentation this is an unknown issue. As it is a fresh Web Admin license you should have 30 days of free support. Please open a ticket with Plesk support so that they can check this issue.
Seems to be related to a recent hotfix, PPP-59897. It used to hard-fail on routing step in case of a network failure, now it just pops up a toast.

I suspect that either the connection to the server wasn't good enough, causing routing requests to fail, or a session/CSRF token has expired, causing requests to the longtask list to return 401. If it's the latter, we're hoping to fix that, likely in .51.

Back